PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh today

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone hope you are all having a good day.

I went to Coombe Abbey today in Coventry, I remembered my camera and everything, so there we are in the park area and the kids are having a great time and there is me taking loads of photo's telling the kids to wait before they go down the slide so I can take a photo.

A lady came up to me and asked was I a cm and I said oh yes she said I thought so with you taking photo's are they for your obs, I said yes she said I thought so I am a cm as well and that is all I seem to do these days.

It doesn't sound as funny when I read it back but it made me laugh as I have never been asked am I a cm before, people must think I just like having loads of kids with different fathers. (no offensive to anyone with babies with different fathers).

angeldelight
17-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Well spotted by the childminder haha

Dont think ive ever had anyone ask me either - they all think they are mine haha

At least you know someone else is doing her obs too haha

You are really getting around this week Lorraine hope you had a good time

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-02-2009, 01:16 PM
We had a great time thanks Angel, I know I seem to be getting out and about but the only trouble is I have to be back for 12.05 as that is when one of the mindees gets picked up, she didn't come yesterday as he mum would not let her shame really.

HomefromHome
17-02-2009, 01:18 PM
lol -how funny - see , a cm knows another cm from a distance!!

as for having loads of kids - i always get filthy looks as i have a mix of 3 kids who look completely diff (skin colour, hair colour, eye colour).
i hate it when people assume you're on benefits with loads of kids - er hello, i could be a fosterer, adopter, CM(!) or just blimmin looking after a friends kid!!!
(deep breath)
(calm)
i just smile thru gritted teeth and look them in the eye!:D

cherry
17-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm very naughty, when people comment about how many children I have I always say "Yes, and they all have different fathers" :laughing:

Alibali
17-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I know what you mean, I never take as many photos of my own kids, infact we were out all day today and my kids were with me too, I have just uploaded todays pics and there are 30 pice and NONE of my own kids:blush: :blush: :blush: . I don't need evidence of what I do with them:laughing:

RachelE
17-02-2009, 07:54 PM
How true!
I took loads of pics yesterday and none of my own children.

Sad, the way its going! We'll be childminding through a lens soon!

theoldwoman
17-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone hope you are all having a good day.

I went to Coombe Abbey today in Coventry, I remembered my camera and everything, so there we are in the park area and the kids are having a great time and there is me taking loads of photo's telling the kids to wait before they go down the slide so I can take a photo.

A lady came up to me and asked was I a cm and I said oh yes she said I thought so with you taking photo's are they for your obs, I said yes she said I thought so I am a cm as well and that is all I seem to do these days.

It doesn't sound as funny when I read it back but it made me laugh as I have never been asked am I a cm before, people must think I just like having loads of kids with different fathers. (no offensive to anyone with babies with different fathers).

I had to smile the other day - I took mine to 'Fun for all' and you could pick the childminders out, they were all sitting writing away furiously while the Mums were just chatting and enjoying themselves - its not fair

huggableshelly
18-02-2009, 07:06 AM
glad you had fun xxx

angeldelight
18-02-2009, 07:06 AM
We had a great time thanks Angel, I know I seem to be getting out and about but the only trouble is I have to be back for 12.05 as that is when one of the mindees gets picked up, she didn't come yesterday as he mum would not let her shame really.

Oh why wouldnt the parent let the child go with you
Shame she had to miss out

Angel xx

childmind04
18-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I got called 'disgusting' recently on a bus, im not sure it was because i had 3 under 5 or because they were all different skin/hair colour :laughing:

Some people are so ignorant but you are so right you can spot a childminder anywhere, hope you got lots of nice pics :)

Susan

Mollymop
18-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Since I have been a childminder I seem to be able to spot a childminder a mile away. She's the lady who looks really calm when all 6 children are playing her up! ha