PDA

View Full Version : Constant cough what would you do?

Mollymop
17-02-2009, 10:46 AM
My mindee has a constant hacking cough. She only stops for a few seconds and then she's coughing like mad again
The worst part is after she has had a coughing fit she sneezes and, well, you can imagine...
Would you send her home.
Mum works 20 miles away and dad has his own business, but he is not very happy when he has to pick her up from school when she has vomited so he won't be very happy with me if I ask him to pick her up.

Her nose is constantly running as well x

miffy
17-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Depends whether you think she is OK in herself - does she have any other symptoms like a temperature?

You have to do what is best for you, the other children in your care and this child.

If you think she should be at home then ask them to pick up, after all she is spreading germs atm and you don't want it do you?

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
17-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I would call Mum and let her know that the child is suffering, find out if she has had any medication and suggest the Mum makes a dr's appontment and arrange to collect her early if she can.

Tell Mum the childs temperature too if she has one.

angeldelight
17-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree with Miffy

Its difficult with a cough I have had a cough myself for weeks and can not shake it but im still working for example - mind you I havent got the sneezing thank goodness haha

You have to do what you think is right if you think the little one is poorly then call the parents

Angel xx

wendywu
17-02-2009, 10:55 AM
No i would not send her home. But i would phone them and ask them to get a doctors appt for tonight and get something for it.:)

Mollymop
17-02-2009, 10:56 AM
it seems silly when it comes to a cough, but it si constant, she is not stopping.
I have just given her her inhaler and she was just sick cos she cough so hard (just a little bit)
But i phoned dad about it he would say what he says to the school if she is sick it is because of the phelm

I only have my own kids here today and they have gone upstairs.
Mindee has Down's - she is just sitting in settee watching tv now. I thikn she might go to sleep

Thanks for your advice

miffy
17-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh bless - hope she gets some rest and you get a break too :)

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
17-02-2009, 11:38 AM
My dd has a cough like this shes ok in herself just a nasty cough i would see how she goes x

Blaze
17-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Is this the mindee that didn't have her hearing aid yesterday?...Poor love, if she couldn't hear properly & she is unwell, no wonder you coped it yesterday...bless her. x

Roseolivia
17-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I would ring mom and explain the problem and then ask her what she wants to do.