PDA

View Full Version : safe and sound?

louise
31-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi, Soryy another question.Are we ment to have a safe and sound book? As i dont have one i have a poster though. If you cant tell im on a lets get organised spree. I have been telling myself all week to do it as my mindee has been off sick this week and he is away next week. I havent known what to do with myself while ds has been at preschool. Sorry gone off topic there
Lou

sorry for spelling stupid kitten was infront of the screen and i couldnt see.

sarah707
31-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Errrr... new one on me... what's a safe and sound book? :panic:

louise
31-01-2008, 08:59 PM
here is a link
http://live.ofsted.gov.uk/safeandsound/
it says download full doc just wondered if it was something that we are ment to find space for. Or has it been replaced with getting on well which it mentions at the bottom.
My cousin is a nanny and its so annoying that they dont have to do all the paper work she was complaining about doing a first aid course as her family is paying for her to go on the reg. They also paid for insurance which she didnt have she had to pay for first aid course. Yet she gets 24000 a year for 2 kids.wrong job i think.

sarah707
31-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Ah I remember safe and sound now... it was produced in response to the national press twisting some figures and saying that xxx children were at risk with childminders and nurseries...

So Ofsted came up with safe and sound, to try and reassure everyone that it was ok really...

It is all encompassed in the Every Child Matters agenda and I don't think it needs anything separate if you are meeting the 5 parts of that.

:D

deeb66
02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Sarah is right.

you don't need to have it just be aware of it.