PDA

View Full Version : Payments by cash

singlewiththree
17-02-2009, 07:51 AM
I was just wondering... all my wages are by cash at the moment. I'm giving a receipt but do I need to put it in the bank and take it out again to prove I have it? Its usually spent by the end of the day as its only half a days wages one day a week so I usually go out and buy milk etc with it in the afternoon. I write it in my diary that I am using as an accounts book but is that enough?

miffy
17-02-2009, 08:00 AM
If you have a copy of the receipt for the cash then I can't see why you need to bank it

Miffy xx

Daftbat
17-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I just get my customers to sign the NCMA accounts book to prove my income. You can't put everything in the bank. All the tax man wants is reasonably proof that the income you are declaring is what you have been paid - signature from parent shows that.

manjay
17-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I receive a small amount of cash each week from one set of parents. They get a receipt and it is noted in my diary. I keep it in my purse as my float. It would cost me more to get to the bank to pay it in:laughing:

katickles
17-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I get payment by dd from one set & the other 2 tend to pay cash. I don;t always pay mine in as I use it rather than using my bank card.

I always give receipts & make a note of it all in the NCMA accounts book x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2747/274789.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

peanuts
17-02-2009, 09:29 AM
i dont pay my cash fees into the bank i use that instead of getting money out of the bank as i dont always have time to go into the bank. i prefer cash fees as cheque fees take another 5 days to clear.

rickysmiths
17-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I give a reciept, it is recorded in my NCMA accounts book and the parents wether they pay by cheque, voucher or cash and the parents sign the book to confirm my income

patevans
17-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I get paid cash and by the time i've put the petrol in the car and paid parking i'd of spent it :laughing: sometimes it goes in the bank if I have a dd going out or something.

RedDragon
17-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I have had a mix of cash, standing orders, cheques over the years.

As long as you are happy to write it down (ingoings, outgoings) I don't think there is a problem.

If you are worried about the tax people I could show them the amount of hours on my register that I have the children, show that I charge £3 an hour and it would all work out.

angeldelight
17-02-2009, 11:02 AM
BANK ??!!!!

Mine is spent before I could even get to one of them haha

Angel xx

Mollymop
17-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I only bank some of it. 1 mindee is weekly cash and i use it to do my weekly shop.
I do keep a copy of all the invoices though.