PDA

View Full Version : More job losses

Alibali
16-02-2009, 08:24 PM
One set of my parents told me today that Dad's employers have just gone into administration. I had just requested a variation to care for 4 under 5 so I could mind their new baby! My mon, tues mindees mum works for RBS:panic: Looks like she will be taking voluntary redundancy. My wed, thur, fri mindee who fills the other half of the week, well mum is on mat leave but has been told her job no longer exists!

My final under 5 is a mum who will be finishing her Nurse training in June and there are no jobs around!

I may have to start busking:panic: :panic:

And there was me thinking I'd have 4 under 5 too:blush: :blush:

katickles
16-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh Ali i'm sorry.

There are stil plenty of us on here getting enquiries so hopefully something will come your way soon x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2747/274789.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

miffy
16-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Ali - hope you get some more enquiries soon

Miffy xx

Jules27
16-02-2009, 08:30 PM
oh hun that is hard on you!! But things can turn around just as quick. I've had 6 enquiries in about 10 - 14 days. Can't do most of them as wrong school etc etc.. Prior to this i've had nowt for a couple of months.

Hope things look up soon xx

angeldelight
16-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear that

Hope you get some more calls soon

Angel xx

jibberjitz
16-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Aww sorry to hear that:(

Liz

mum22
16-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I hope you get some calls soon

peanuts
16-02-2009, 10:00 PM
i do hope you start getting calls soon

Carol
16-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Hope you have some good news soon more mindees

Sending big hugs

Carol xx

OrlandoBelle
16-02-2009, 10:34 PM
So sorry to hear about your bad luck. I would start advertising your vacancies now hun. It could just as easily go the other way. I too had 7 enquiries in one week last month. At the time I couldn't help any of them, but like you I now have part time vacancies I'm desperate to fill.

I hope things pick up for you soon. x

Heaven Scent
16-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I was where you are now before christmas I was full to over flowing had just registered a second assistant to help me out in the afternoons and started the process for a variation and within a week it all came crashing down around me - and have continuead to do so ever since so I am now down to 1 child for 2 days per week - i have had enquiries but nothing in concrete yet - Everyone who has been to visit has said that they definately want their child to come but no one has signed a contract yet for a variety of reasons. And they are all for little bits here and there with school pick ups with very little time to get from one school to another - I'm living in hope that something comes along soon. I'm now trying to keep going on £60.00pw and that won't cover my car payment plus other DD's on my account I was earning around £500 per week before expenses (including fees for assistants).

Hold on in there others are getting calls and I'm sure we will too.

Shirlwith3
17-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I am really sorry for you.
I recently lost my main incomer she was 3 & 1/2 days, then just aft she left my only minde 's mums said that both she & her partner had handed in their notice at the work & were moving back to portsmouth. So I was loking at having no mindes after 27th FEb, I straight away vent into panic as my dh would make a comment about me not working & to find a different job, well thankfully I had an enquiry for 2 children one day week for 8hrs, well I have taken them on & they started yesterday, then on Sun I got a email via net mums from amum who's son goes to my dd preschool she has a job interview today & if she gets the job she will need childcare for her 2 children 3 days with the odd Saturday too.

I was so panic about fill my 2 under 5 spaces that I contacted my childminding deveopment wotker where she spoke the CIS & they put me on their white board as a proity for handing out my number.

So things are looking up out there

Shirl