PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use?

Hebs
16-02-2009, 08:16 PM
a home made id tag type thingfr the children to wear when out on trips?

just something saying i'm out with my childminder and your contact number?

just in case :panic:

miffy
16-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I have some wristbands which were free with NCMA magazine a while ago - they just have space for my mobile number

NCMA still sell them or you can get similar from e-bay

Miffy xx

katickles
16-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I think Bromley do an id card that you could print off

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2747/274789.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Hebs
16-02-2009, 08:20 PM
oh i don't mind making my own :thumbsup:

just wasn't sure if anyone used them :blush:

charleyfarley
16-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I use the same wristbands from NCMA as Miffy. I had some freebies but bought some more, £5 something for 20, reusable too

Carol xx

Hebs
16-02-2009, 08:22 PM
i have ordered some caps with my details on,

local after school club uses them :thumbsup:

Peppa
16-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I've just made some templates for my children with contact numbers, dr's name and number, medical info (asthma, blue inhaler 4-6 puffs and brown inhaler 50mg ) then laminate them, they are about size of a bank card once laminated. But then i thought how would the child carry them....

Hebs
16-02-2009, 08:28 PM
ribbon??

thats what i was planning on using

tinkerbelle
16-02-2009, 08:35 PM
ive got some coloured plastic keyrings suitcase type that open to put im with my childminder and my number in them

RedDragon
16-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Each child has a credit card sized laminate card put in their pocket when we are out - it says

If I am lost please call .................

jibberjitz
16-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I use the same wristbands from NCMA as Miffy. I had some freebies but bought some more, £5 something for 20, reusable too

Carol xx

They sound like a great idea:thumbsup:

Liz

Ripeberry
16-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't laugh, but i have in the past written my mobile phone number on my own children's inner arm in biro! Always told them to show their arm if they got lost!
The reusable wristbands sound great. My children's childminder used to use yellow t-shirts with her dtls on it saying "i'm with X"and her mobile number under it.
Also the luggage tags sound great, could attach it to a belt loop on trousers or anything with a bit of a loop.
Better to be safe than sorry!
My children actually used the arm thing a few months ago, they had wandered off in a shop and i lost sight of them. Next thing i knew someone was ringing me on the mobile!
So it does work.

helenlc
16-02-2009, 09:32 PM
I use small ones (about half size of credit card) that I have laminated and put on a keyring - can be put on coat, belt loop etc.

One side has If I am lost, please call my childminder on XXXX

The other side says If we are in an accident, I am with my childminder. Please call my Mum on XXX Dad on XXX etc.

RedDragon
17-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I use small ones (about half size of credit card) that I have laminated and put on a keyring - can be put on coat, belt loop etc.

One side has If I am lost, please call my childminder on XXXX

The other side says If we are in an accident, I am with my childminder. Please call my Mum on XXX Dad on XXX etc.
A fellow childminder has these - 1 of her dads :blush:
lost his wallet and CM received a phone call from the person who found the wallet.

mushpea
17-02-2009, 08:40 PM
the under 5's wear floursent tops when out with me and i was thinkng of getting somthing like ' i am with my childminder if lost call...' wasnt sure wether to or not but reading this sounds like a good idea.

Chell
17-02-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.iceideas.co.uk/childrens-identification-23-c.asp I have bands from this site but they don't seem to do the same type now. They came with a marker so your wrote your details inside them.

They do various other ID solutions now, the tatoos look fun for the children.

huggableshelly
18-02-2009, 07:12 AM
I use reusable wristbands and carry emergancy contact cards around with me too.