PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments for Outings

singlewiththree
16-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to say that following advice from here I contacted The Hat Works Museum in Stockport as we are going on Fri and asked if they had a risk assessment and they sent me the one they do for schools so I just need to ammend it. PERFECT!

I can thoroughly recommend checking with the place to see if they have one first.
:)

helenlc
16-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea - well done you!

sarah707
16-02-2009, 08:56 PM
We've never been there... let me know whether it's any good please! :D

miffy
16-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I just wanted to say that following advice from here I contacted The Hat Works Museum in Stockport as we are going on Fri and asked if they had a risk assessment and they sent me the one they do for schools so I just need to ammend it. PERFECT!

I can thoroughly recommend checking with the place to see if they have one first.
:)

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Juddster
17-02-2009, 06:39 AM
I haven't done risk assessments for each individual place i go. Mine are literally parks, toddler groups, car journeys, shops, ball parks, farms/zoo or it would take forever and you look for the same risks at each.

charleyfarley
17-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Great idea :thumbsup:

Enjoy your trip on Friday

Carol xx

miffy
17-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I haven't done risk assessments for each individual place i go. Mine are literally parks, toddler groups, car journeys, shops, ball parks, farms/zoo or it would take forever and you look for the same risks at each.

The EYFS says you should risk assess each TYPE of outing so you're right in what you're doing.

If you go somewhere on a regular basis though it's good to have a risk assessment for that venue - and if they provide one for you so much the better :)

Miffy xx

nell57
17-02-2009, 08:18 AM

I had done similar to you and thought I had done enough.

But then I had my inspection recently and had to do an action, within 2 weeks, to do risk assessment on every individual outing I go on, then provide evidence and send it by post to ofsted proving that I had done this.

So I cant stress how important it is to do this, regularly review them and to do a one again for every new outing you may go on.

Juddster
17-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for this i have been on the web sites of a few venues i go to and they have their risk assessments on there so i have printed these off to put in with my own overall ones hopefully now i am covered.

charlie28
17-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for telling us. I have just been on Eureka website and there is one on there. Even better.

sarah707
17-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I had done similar to you and thought I had done enough.

But then I had my inspection recently and had to do an action, within 2 weeks, to do risk assessment on every individual outing I go on, then provide evidence and send it by post to ofsted proving that I had done this.

So I cant stress how important it is to do this, regularly review them and to do a one again for every new outing you may go on.

Very good advice! Thank you for sharing xx

HelenJC
17-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi

Chester Zoo have their own risk assessment you can print off online.

A colleague was recently inspected and inspector was impressed with the ground work done on researching venues etc.

Also - my co-ordinator said risk assessments should start at home - either walking or in the car or public transpsort. I had just done mine for say, the park and what might happen there. She said I had to include getting there and back each time.

More paperwork! once it's done, it's done....

Helen