PDA

View Full Version : They won't give in...

snowbunny
16-02-2009, 12:57 PM
:(

The feeholders won't give in, they've been told my the management company that they can't be seen to be treating me differently to others and so they've said I can't childmind. I've written to them, I've met up with them and talked about it but they just don't want to know. Any ideas on what i can do now?? We can't move, we're mortgaged to the hilt and won't be moving for another 5 or so years and we want to start a family before then but we won't be able to if I can't childmind. We'd really struggle to pay childcare fees if we were both working and with childminding we'd be better financially. I'm worn out and so angry :(

My DP says that i should just go ahead with it anyway, we've got permission from our neighbours and they say they back me all the way (I've been asked to look after 2 of the children downstairs, if i get to become a childminder!) so the freeholders wouldn't know about it or anything. The main reason they say no businesses is because of neighbours, disturbing them etc and I think that if my close neighbours aren't bothered by it then what's the problem?

I can't give up, this is something i really want to do but I'm not sure what to do anymore :mad:

x

miffy
16-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Are your neighbour's children pre-school age? If so perhaps she could employ you as a nanny if that would give you enough income. Although it might be awkward if the arrangement came to an end.

Have you taken legal advice about childminding from your own home?

Miffy xx

snowbunny
16-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I spoke to the Citizens advice bureau and they said there wasn't much they could do or say because it's in the lease.

He did say that if they didn't know then they couldn't do anything but if they did find out they would write to me and threaten us with going to a solicitor etc which would take years and years and he said normally they wouldn't do much because of the costs involved and they need to get approval from everyone who pays the service charge to spend money on takig us to court and I'm sure people really don't mind someone looking after 3 kids (they could be my own) while they're out at work?

Oh well... :( I'm sure there must be something that i can do but I'm really not seeing what! lol

miffy
16-02-2009, 01:12 PM
What about asking your MP to mediate? It might work.

Miffy xx

charlie28
16-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Hope everything gets sorted soon. What about if you find a childminder in their house who is looking for an assistant.

sue m
16-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I was thinking about you this morning.

Could you see a solicitor, one of those with the half hour free things? Not sure if that would do any good or not. How about the NMCA? Surely they must have heard of this problem before? How about just telling porkies and denying you are working if they ask you? They could be your own children or children you are looking after cos their Mum isn't well? Might be more complicated than that but it's a terrible shame that they won't let you do the job!

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I really admire you for sticking with it. I would definatelly seek advice from a solicitor. They might give you information of a way forward you hadnt thought of. If you contct your local MP and ask if there anything they can do then maybe this would be a good line to follow also.

Good luck and I hope you sort this one out hunny. I can see your passion in wanting to be a childminder :)

angeldelight
16-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Shame

It is tempting to just do it but would it be worth all the hassle if you were caught ?

I really hope you sort something out

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
16-02-2009, 02:00 PM
What about nannying - you can still register with Ofsted and NCMA. That might tide you over in the meantime.

Such a shame that they won't budge:(

mumx3
16-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your ongoing struggle, if you really cannot solve this then nannying would be a potential solution....even if not your first choice.

You can combine looking after your own children with it and it is still working with children. I was a nanny before I was a teacher and I absolutely loved it. You can earn really good money too and still be self employed if you want to.

I too am looking into child minding as I want to be able to look after my own kids too!

Best of luck,

LisaMarie
17-02-2009, 02:59 PM
i have no ideas but wanted to wish you good luck!!!

Tatjana
17-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I just wanted to say i'm sorry for your predicament.

xx