PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments - What is needed ??

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I have started my risk assessments but a, really confused to what i actually need and what they need to say ?

Do they have to be written in paragraph ? charts ?
I really am confused and need some guidance ....

Do I have to have general and daily or just one set that I add to ?

Are you confused too ? I know I am lol :panic:

mandysmonkeys
16-02-2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/downloads.html

There is a risk assessment forrmat on this page, hope it helps.

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Aww thanks mandy, i will check it out :) Maybe i can actually get some of it done then lol

so far i have a title lol

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Okay checked out that site .. should i delete parts that are not applicable o fill in with a n/a ?

see how hopeless i am lol

charlie28
16-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I have too a risk assesment o do for Eureka because we are going on Wednesday

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 01:12 PM
What is Eureka ?? a play scheme ??

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I am still at a total loss at these risk assessments. I have looked at several copies of thema dn they are all different but none are filled in, i dont understand what s required to be written or typed ?

I dont know how to fill them in and i have read and understood the EYFS.

The risk assessments i have at my workplace are very different to these and they are in a nursery. all the childminding ones are much more in depth which is a reason i am getting confused ???

I dont even have a basic understnading of what is needed let alone the otivation to actualy do something i dont understand :(

Giving up is top of my priority

Tatjana
16-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm a member of the confused club too:laughing:

I thought i had an idea of what to do, then i read some RA's on here that have details like 'crossing busy roads...steering childen clear of dog mess.... holding hands etc etc' Which i find bizarre:huh:

xx

sue
16-02-2009, 10:15 PM
this is one l have do hope this help

peanuts
16-02-2009, 11:46 PM
thanks for sharing i have ones similar to that

angeldelight
17-02-2009, 07:19 AM
I am still at a total loss at these risk assessments. I have looked at several copies of thema dn they are all different but none are filled in, i dont understand what s required to be written or typed ?

I dont know how to fill them in and i have read and understood the EYFS.

The risk assessments i have at my workplace are very different to these and they are in a nursery. all the childminding ones are much more in depth which is a reason i am getting confused ???

I dont even have a basic understnading of what is needed let alone the otivation to actualy do something i dont understand :(

Giving up is top of my priority

Maybe the ones that you are looking at have to much information in them and that is why you are confused?

I cant see why you cant do something similar to your nursery to be honest ?

If you message me I can send you a copy to give you some idea

Angel xx

miffy
17-02-2009, 07:43 AM
There are some good examples on this website

www.nottschildmindingassociation.webeden.co.uk

Click on downloads on rhs

Miffy xx

peanuts
17-02-2009, 09:43 AM
thanks will have a look later

beckyteddy
17-02-2009, 05:59 PM
My childminding development worker gave me some risk assesment forms to fill in and I later discovered who ever made them had "borrowed" them directly from the Notts website! So they have been endorsed by Notts and Shropshire!

I think if you fill in the Notts forms, you would probably have covered everything you need in terms of risk assesments. I just printed off the blank forms and then filled them in by hand.

Juddster
17-02-2009, 06:22 PM
This childminders website is good look under policies and at the bottom of the page their risk assessments are attached.

www.tinytotschildminders.com