PDA

View Full Version : Toilet training seat

pinklady
16-02-2009, 10:54 AM
My Son has well and truly worn out his toilet training seat and I need to replace it for my toddler and mindees when I get them. I have a potty to use aswell but was wondering if anyone has any tips on good toilet training seats and where to buy them? They seem to vary so much in price.

Also, has anyone found any bargain hand towels?

Esther xx

FizzysFriends
16-02-2009, 11:18 AM
My Son has well and truly worn out his toilet training seat and I need to replace it for my toddler and mindees when I get them. I have a potty to use aswell but was wondering if anyone has any tips on good toilet training seats and where to buy them? They seem to vary so much in price.

Also, has anyone found any bargain hand towels?

Esther xx

No idea about the training seats but the hand towels I have flannels from Wilkos and Asda, both are 20p each.

rickysmiths
16-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I must say I have never bothered to use training seats and have trained many a toddler successfully including my own two. Its just something else to clean!!!

I have flannels from IKEA very cheap. Small hand towels I got from Dunelm, £1.99 each and they have different animals embriodered on them. The older ones love them and take great delight in choosing which one is theirs.

fionamal
16-02-2009, 12:16 PM
What I bought was a normal toilet seat with a 2nd smaller training toilet seat attached.

Its was from Mothercare for £30 about 5 years ago and is still going strong as I use it for the mindees and its safer as its attached to the toilet and doesnt move about like the other ones and when its not in use it hides inside the toilet lid.

Cant find the link on their website but they come in White or wooden.

netty
17-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I have soft close family toilet seat this is a toilet seat with a child one built in
stops the slipping of the seat and no storage of training seat.Got mine from off the internet £19.00 + P+P.had it about 4 years still going strong.
Netty xxx

PixiePetal
17-02-2009, 05:26 PM
I have never had one either. Children have all seemed to manage once outgrown the potty stage.

Also when you are out there isn't usually one available so the children have to get on with it then anyway.

mummyroysof3
17-02-2009, 06:06 PM
ilike the sound of the ones with the built in child one, might have to get one when my downstairs loo is in

charlotte x

Mrs.L.C
17-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I have the one from Toys r us that cost about £6 and attaches to your toilet seat and can be lifted up when not in use. I prefered this to the old one I had as it didnt move as the child got on it but my husband did complain that he couldnt put the toilet seat up with out it falling down

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Toilet-Training/Bruin-Flip-Toilet-Trainer-Seat(0012363)

sarah707
17-02-2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder if, in this day and age of showing Ofsted how we are committed to working in partnership with parents, it might be best to ask what they are intending to use first. :D

huggableshelly
17-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I wonder if, in this day and age of showing Ofsted how we are committed to working in partnership with parents, it might be best to ask what they are intending to use first. :D

I did that yay lol

the parents provided me with a toilet seat so it was the same as what the child was using at home ... cheap and chirpy from toysrus but it was the parents choice and the child was happy to use it too.

pinklady
17-02-2009, 08:55 PM
My 7 year old still uses one because he likes to read on the loo!!:laughing: :laughing: Typical man. He thinks he might fall through if he's not holding on when he's not using a training seat. I also will be needing one for my 2 year old so it's not just for mindees.

That's why the training seat in my downstairs toilet is worn out, my 7 year old has been using it for years and he likes a nice comfy seat:)

Esther xx