PDA

View Full Version : Managing Stress in the Workplace

Pipsqueak
15-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Advice from the HSE about managing stress.

love the bit about risk assessing.... oh my word that bought tears to my eyes:laughing:

so come on everyone, how many of you have a risk assessment for stress in place
AND I demand that Ofsted work with me to manage my stress as recommended by the HSE

assess whether anyone else is experiencing problems and if a broader organisational intervention is required.
anyone else suffering stress?????:D

should we all complain to the HSE about the stress and pressure Ofsted are putting on us lol:D

wendywu
15-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Pip i brought this up when Twinkles and i went on our Health and Safety course. They were talking about how you can take a company to court if they put too much stress on you at work. So i enquired if we could do it with Ofsted. She replied " i dont see why not " So watch out Ofsted.:angry:

Pipsqueak
16-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Pip i brought this up when Twinkles and i went on our Health and Safety course. They were talking about how you can take a company to court if they put too much stress on you at work. So i enquired if we could do it with Ofsted. She replied " i dont see why not " So watch out Ofsted.:angry:

ooh and there was me joking:eek: But its a good point actually Wendy, Ofsted keep us second guessing all the time adding yet more stress to what can be an already stressful job.....

wendywu
16-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Yes Pip and the case i was telling them about was where a minder was so upset by a horrid inspector that when she arrived for her nursery pick up she burst into tears and the school had to sit her down with a cup of tea.

HS said that no one should have that sort of stress through work related issues. So there is fodder for thought.:idea: