PDA

View Full Version : NVQ3:supporting transitions

Mac
15-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi can anyone help with this please.
i have to list types of transitions and support given in ages 0-3/ 4-7/ 8-12/ 12-18. Dont really know what they want. Feel like i am treading water with this nvq3 not very good at putting things down on paper so finding it hard.:(

sarah707
15-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Transitions from home - family members - chidlminder - nursery / preschool - school - after school club - junior school ... that sort of thing.

To support the child you would maybe talk about moving on, read books, go to the other setting for visits or to watch assemblies, make a scrap book to show what might happen, help with independence, find out what other setting does about letter formations etc and support, involve parents...

huggableshelly
15-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Sarah beat me to it yay and did a better job than I would have done too

miffy
15-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Transitions from home - family members - chidlminder - nursery / preschool - school - after school club - junior school ... that sort of thing.

To support the child you would maybe talk about moving on, read books, go to the other setting for visits or to watch assemblies, make a scrap book to show what might happen, help with independence, find out what other setting does about letter formations etc and support, involve parents...

Great advice from Sarah

Good luck with your NVQ

Miffy xx

Mac
16-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks that helps a lot.:thumbsup:
Its great to know that support is here if needed and unfortunately i will need it.:laughing: x x