PDA

View Full Version : Daily Checklist/Risk Assessment

helenlc
15-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a daily checklist and have had since I started. Its now classed as a risk assessment under EYFS.

I have a week to every page but wondered how long I am expected to keep these?

I know Ofsted like to see that we have done it but how long do I keep them for to show I have been doing them?

FizzysFriends
15-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Mine is a wipe clean one (laminated) so gets wiped off at the end of each day.

helenlc
15-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I was going to do this first but then read somewhere that Ofsted like you to have them dated.

And yes you could write the date on the laminated one but how do you evidence that you havent just written on that day ie the day the inspector comes??!!!

FizzysFriends
15-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought the daily one could just be a visual one tbh. I think I might have to change what I do if I need to keep them but seems like a lot of wasted paper to me.

her8y
15-02-2009, 08:16 PM
My childminding friend was picked up on her ofsted inspection regarding her wipe clean check list.

I have managed to squeeze a month onto every page and left a space at the bottom of the page for comments/notes which i also date. For example the gate had swollen in the rain and I couldnt lock it properly so I wrote date, what Id noted, what I was going to do to remedy it short term and then signed and dated once prob fixed longterm. Ofsted were very happy with this.

Ive no idea how long we need to keep them tho......

sarah707
15-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Daily risk assessments / checklists / cleaning schedules etc need to be dated and kept with other paperwork.

It is recommended in the Eyfs that you keep paperwork for 3 years.

I would certainly keep it until after my next inspection so Ofsted can see evidence of me having done checks since they were last here.

gigglinggoblin
15-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Could you make a note that you have done it in your daily diary along with anything that needs doing? Just a sort of tick to say it has been done along with all the other info you need to keep of for that day like attendance

marion123
15-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Mine is a wipe clean one (laminated) so gets wiped off at the end of each day.

ive done that too :)

sammy
15-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Could you make a note that you have done it in your daily diary along with anything that needs doing? Just a sort of tick to say it has been done along with all the other info you need to keep of for that day like attendance

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ME, can we do this? i was wondering how to date mine.

helenlc
16-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I suppose you could make a Daily Checklist/Risk Assessment. Laminate it and have it on display (for the lovely Ofsted) and then, as you say, write in a tick or "RA Done" in your diary. You could perhaps stick a copy of your Checklist in the front of your diary for quick reference also.

You could then make your note about the gate or anything else particular to that day and the check list.

It wouldnt make any difference where the check list and tick is as long as its dated somehow, I think!!! :blush: