PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help..HA rental property and crbs

mumrin
15-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello.

I live in a housing assosiation accomodation. We have been here nearly 2 yrs now but in my lease it states no business can be run from the property. I'm scared of asking permission now incase they say no, would i be best ringing then following up with a letter or writing to them first? Has anyone had any problems with a housing association refusing permission?

Also I live alone with my two sons but their dad comes almost everyday to see them will he need a crb check done - i'm presuming he will but will ofsted do this for him or will i have to do it seperatly?

I've passed my icp exam, done my first aid, and Food hygeine sorted most of my policies.

I've just got to fill out my app and risk assess but it seems like such a huge task to do still....

sskent08
15-02-2009, 07:50 PM
we are in shared ownership and it does state in our contract about not running a business from home but I got the all clear from the planning dept 1st this is what they said:

Thank you for your email dated 21st July 2008 regarding the possibility
of carrying out child minding from the above property.

Child minding does not constitute a material change of use when looking
after up to 6 children, including any of your own. If you were looking
after more than this number, you would require formal planning consent
for a material change of use.

I must stress that the comments made in this email are offered on an
informal basis only and do not constitute a formal determination under
Section 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. Nevertheless, I
trust this information is useful to you.

I would contact the planning office and see what they say, Moat have approved for me to be childminding

hope this helps:thumbsup:

sarah707
15-02-2009, 08:17 PM
A lot of people have talked about this in the past.

Many have been refused permission ... some have been okayed.

You cannot legally start working as a childminder without written permission from your landlord or you will be breaking the law especially if it says you cannot run a business in your lease.

Best send them a letter and get the reply before committing yourself any further.

Ofsted will decide if any regular visitors need a CRB check.

rickysmiths
16-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree with Sarah, if you are living in a property that is rented or is leasehold you have to get the written consent of the landlord or the Freeholers to carry on with a business if there is a clear restriction against this in you rental agreement or lease. The Local Panning Dept has no control over this.

mumrin
16-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Thank you for replying. I know I cant work as a childminder without written permission.

I will call them today and ask, then depending on their answer follow up with a letter.
:)