PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for sea life centre

Hebs
15-02-2009, 04:26 PM
i am TRYING to do a risk assessment for the sea life centre for our visit tomorrow :panic:

well i'm stuck, beside the main stuff like keeping kids near me, emergency contact details, hand sanitiser to use before eating, i'm stuck.

Cher wanted to know if we have to risk assess the shark getting out of the tank and eating the kids :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

do you add things on afterwards to show your evaluating your risk assessment as you progress??

Pipsqueak
15-02-2009, 04:29 PM
oh you beat me to it.... child attacking shark/shark retaliating lol

what about slippery floors? the places where children can reach into tanks and touch perhaps the rays....

if you have a buggy what about any steps? are you taking reins/wrist straps
toilet facilities/nappy changing...

oooh oooh I know a major one.... flood:rolleyes: :D

getting there/back

balloon
15-02-2009, 04:31 PM
um... how about getting lost, falling into seal/penguin enclosure, playpark section, crowds, being late back, breaking down,

thats about all I can think of for a minute

Hebs
15-02-2009, 04:46 PM
maybe i'm being thick but how do you risk assess a slippy floor??

just ensure the children walk and don't run??

i mean it's not like i'll have a mop handy :laughing:

squiggle
15-02-2009, 04:53 PM
i have just been doing a risk assesment as we are going to white post farm on wednesday.

i have included all things such as checking car - diesel, water, oil etc

checking all car seats are fixed securely and suitable for age/weight of children

talking to the children about being sensible in the car

i have read somewhere that you have to talk to the children about what to do if they get lost.

i have got some extra flourescent jackets and written on them ' i am with my childminder and added my mobile number'

if you want a look at mine i can copy it into an email for you.

Hebs
15-02-2009, 04:55 PM
yeah hun that would be great

also can i ask where you got the high vis jackets from??

squiggle
15-02-2009, 04:57 PM
pm your email addy

i got them from ikea. already had a couple but brought smaller ones as me and my friend are taking 10 children :panic:

i brought one for myself too - didn't think it was fair expecting them to wear them when i didn't. the children will be able to spot me too

FizzysFriends
15-02-2009, 04:57 PM
yeah hun that would be great

also can i ask where you got the high vis jackets from??

Ikea do great ones for a couple of £ and you can print your logo on the back.

Have you looked on the Sea Life Centre website as places like that usually have a RA pre done for school visits.

cher25
15-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I looked and found it on the proper sea life centre website. The 1 we are going to didnt reply to my email. Hebs i will print it out and we can check it over before even getting the kids out the car.

donnadoo2004200
15-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I asked about a risk asses for a farm. Sarah advised me I need to asses before I go but I dont know what its like there and its an hour away. I emailed them them said they dont have one but I am welcome to go there first and do my own (hour away i dont think so) I will do what I can and the rest when I get there.

angeldelight
16-02-2009, 07:30 AM
If you scroll down the page here you will see they have a risk ass for schools etc

It will give you some ideas and you can of course adapt it for your own use

http://www.sealifeeurope.com/schools.php

There are also some resource packs that you might find useful for the kids before your visit

Angel xx

miffy
16-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks Angel - there are some good things on there

Miffy xx