PDA

View Full Version : First enquiry/parent packs

ahew30
15-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi I have had my first enquiry and am in the process of making an appointment to meet the little girls and talk abt fees etc... I am excited and nervous at the same time.

I just wondered what people have in their parent packs and what questions they ask parents on the first meeting.

Also when settling in children who are both under 3 would you just let the parent stay the whole first session. part of it or just 10mins?

Any info or advise would be greatly received

Thanks

Audra

Tatjana
15-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I have no advice as i've not done this yet...just wanted to wish you good luck!:thumbsup:

xx

Ripeberry
15-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I would say let the parent stay for the whole session, they are not usually more than 1 or 2hours at the most. It lets the child see that you and their mum get on and are friends.
At the second session, mum could stay for bit then go out leaving child with you.
Then the third time, try a whole session but not more than 4hrs and see how they get on without their mum.
Also make sure the parent(s) sign the contract BEFORE you even do a settling in session as otherwise you won't be covered by insurance, also make sure the permission forms are all signed.
Good luck and well done! :clapping:

Ripeberry
15-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Forgot to say it also depends on the child. At our pre-school we ask the parent to stay for each session for 5 days, so the parent would stay from 9am until 12.30pm and then the week after the child can try being on their own.

sarah707
15-02-2009, 08:24 PM
It really depends on the parent and the child... I have had parents who find it difficult to separate and want to stay and others who run for the hills! Remember every family is different so find out what they want from you.

Just make sure it is clear who is in charge so the child knows the boundaries, as it can be very difficult if they decide to play up because parents are there.

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
15-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Good advice from everyone

I just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx