PDA

View Full Version : Who has benefited from the capital Grant.....

Zoemum2four
15-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry Kinderedspirits for butting in on your post....... Had to say that first:)

Im also trying to gather evidence as cm's in the northampton area are not intitled to the capital grant.... It would be great if we as cm's can work together to try and change why some local council disptributed the capital grant and others dont. As it has been said in the forum we are all working to the same level of care that we proved, and we are all trying to proved the best care possible.

So im asking all you loverly ladies or gents if any of you have been awarded, which areas you live in, how much you are intitled too and want you are to use the grant for........ I know this is asking alot, but Myself and im sure other cm's in my area,(and for cm's in other areas) think it is unfair that one cm can be awarded this and another can't (No offence to those that have got it, I would love to get it).

please let me know how its gone for you:laughing:

Thanks Zoe xx

miffy
15-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Nothing here in Notts and no firm answer to what the money's been spent on

Miffy xx

Tatia
15-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I was approved for my request of replacing dining room window with a door and fencing in the side return and doing it up as an Early Years play area but I have decided not to take up the grant though as I no longer look after under 5s.

In Southend, the local Eary Years team is very proactive in including childminders in everything. I think it's because the Director of Surestart (or whatever her actual title is) was a childminder herself. We have an amazing team.

madasahatter
15-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Bradford is also very proactive in promoting and including childminders in all funding available. Most recently this has allowed us to apply for grants of up to £2500 to enable us to support/meet the requirements the EYFS (and spending it at the mo). In the next funding year they are hoping to offer larger amounts for bigger projects (disabled access for your setting?, modifications to the garden? etc) though they have already said (quite rightly) that they will be looking carefully at the proposed projects to ensure that they are specifically to improve what you offer to your minded children, not just improve your own home at someone elses expense.

sarah707
15-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I have been fighting for a share of the grant here in Cheshire but have been told it's going to a select few.

40 childminders received a digital camera, photo frame and printer for going on a day's computer course... 20 of those 40 will also get a laptop each.

Some childminders who go on a blocks course will apparently get free blocks.

The rest of us get diddly squat. :(

wilksy
15-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi

I don't know of this is the same thing as the capital grant, but in March last year,Swindon Council offered Childminders who had attended EYFS courses the chance to apply for £250 to spend on resources.

I managed to get mine, but I know the fund ran out pretty quickly and lots of childminders were left disappointed.

Sarah

Bella
15-02-2009, 03:58 PM
have applied but not heard anything yet

mushpea
15-02-2009, 04:48 PM
im witham in essex and have never even heard of it,, how would i find out about this?

Zoemum2four
15-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Mushpea, You could ask your development worker or your local Early yrs team...I asked my development worker:)

huggableshelly
15-02-2009, 08:53 PM
not me still but I've emailed the local childrens center to see if they know anything