PDA

View Full Version : PARENTS JUST BEEN

sarah32
31-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Ive just had 2 parents round for 2 possible children to mind. Ive been nervous all day and been to the toilet a number of times (why is that) haha:eek:

They seemed really nice, explained I havent got all the equipment to care for them and if she signed contracts I would then go and get it. Beds etc. She said she would get them for me.:)

Its really hard to say how it went, they were quite nervous as well as me. why is it that everything that you have to tell them goes out the window and you cant remember anything.:eek:

Showed them by policys and they seemed happy.

The only thing Im worried about is getting them out, I already look after a 10 month and she has a 1 year and 2 year. Asked her if 2 year was able to walk and she said she doesnt do alot of walking. The only thing I can do is put the two youngest in the double buggy and 2 year old a buggy board. Is 2 year ok on a buggy board??? Is not like I go trekking anywhere but i really dont want to be stuck in all day.

Thanks for the advice everyone on what to charge, told her £3.00 a hour for each child. Didnt seem to mind, no look of terror on her face.

Well. lets see is she lets me know. Asked her to let me know either way.

Banana
31-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Well it sounds like a positive meeting from what you have said!

I dont think you can use a buggy board on a double.... i might be totally lying but I thought someone said you couldnt? I havnt got one but if you can use thm on a double I'll get one soon cos having 3 kids is a nightmare getting out and about!

Let us know when you hear back and i will be keeping everything crossed for you!!

x

sarah707
31-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't know about a buggy board - sorry! Just wanted to say fingers crossed! :D

miffy
31-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Good luck - hope they let you know soon

Miffy xx

custardcream
31-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi, hope you hear soon.

I have had a 2 year old on a buggy board before and they were fine, I used to still put reins on him just incase he decided to step off and then I always had hold of him.

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 02:02 PM
;) Glad it went well for you,

I used to have a buggy board on the back of my double (side by side, since changed to Phil & teds and can't get it on) (I had to take the basket off to do so though on side by side)), as I had 5 month, 18 month and my dd just 2, last year. If that's not pracitcal (as in no basket/buggy board not fitting) maybe use a back carrier and put the 10 month old (or 2 yr old) in that (are you getting good visions of me yet:laughing: )

trying to help sorry of doesn't lol, or just make the 2 yr old walk, most 2 yr olds want to walk, they just need the time to allow them too;)

sarah32
31-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Well, just had to the call. I GOT THEM YEAH:clapping:

Mum is coming round tomorrow night to take paperwork and them Im having the 2 children next thursday for couple of hours. Start date in 11th Feb

God, I thought id messed it up.

sarah32
31-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Whats a back carrier??? ruby

Sarsar3NCH
31-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Thats fantastic news, well done you xxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I use a buggy board on the back of my side by side double without any probs

Good luck xxx

Sarah

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Whats a back carrier??? ruby

errm, thing you put on your back that carry children! R they called something else??

Back pac for children maybe, not sure of name now!

Well done Sarah :clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 03:00 PM
one of these type of thingeys!!

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/kids-equipment/mothercare-deluxe-back-carrier/

Mines a bush baby one and is fab!

berkschick
31-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Well done, congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Kelly
31-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Congratulations on your newbies. I have a one year old and 2 two year olds and use a double buggy with either buggy board or the bibi swiss strolli (bike) attached, I did find my two year olds couldn't cope with the standard buggy board though, so I bought a the pick up buggy seat. It works great.

Good luck

ruby
31-01-2008, 03:48 PM
congratulations well done

:clapping: :clapping:

Cathy and Rachel

sorry Kelly
but what is a pick up buggy seat

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
31-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Well done that is brilliant news. :clapping:

Lorraine xx

ajs
31-01-2008, 04:11 PM
congratulations well done

:clapping: :clapping:

Cathy and Rachel

sorry Kelly
but what is a pick up buggy seat

thanks iwas just about to ask that

emler
31-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Well done! That was good of mum to let you know so quickly too! There's nothing worse than waiting! :clapping:

Emler x

ajs
31-01-2008, 04:13 PM
sorry meant to say congratulations for getting the kids too

sarah32
31-01-2008, 05:02 PM
sorry ruby, get what you mean. I dont think my back could take it to be honest.

Im going to be thick again and ask what a pick up buggy seat is??

thanks everyone, Im still shocked she called back so quick and went with me.

miffy
31-01-2008, 05:51 PM
That's great news Sarah - well done :clapping:

Not long to wait until they start either

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 05:51 PM
well done on getting your mindees, are you having them overnight? xxx

angeldelight
31-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Well done that is great news

Angel xx

sarah32
31-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Im not registered for over night care susan, thats fine with me.

Trouble
31-01-2008, 05:56 PM
what about a hand stap or reins but take one side of the reins off so you have like a long lead good luck and well done:clapping: :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Im not registered for over night care susan, thats fine with me.

was just with you saying you needed a bed and mum offered to get you one....

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I think the pick up buggy could be either like a buggy board but got a seat, or the buggy pod?

I'm sure someone on here had a buggy pod though and said it was not good!

sarah32
31-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Susan

She asked me where they would be sleeping in the afternoon, was honest and said I only had one travel cot which my 10 month goes in, so I said I could get some mats or readybed and they would have to sleep downstairs, she said she would get the readybeds for me.

Just thinking of the stuff Ive got to get, ive got a double buggy but still need a booster seat for dining chair as already have highchair and dont want another, reins and Im sure theres more. Not going to buy until she signs contract and pays week upfront. Seen to many stories on here of parents pulling out and the childminder has gone and bought stuff.

sarah707
31-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

I can recommend my booster chair...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B0002VZ21E

:D

Pipsqueak
31-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Susan

She asked me where they would be sleeping in the afternoon, was honest and said I only had one travel cot which my 10 month goes in, so I said I could get some mats or readybed and they would have to sleep downstairs, she said she would get the readybeds for me.

Just thinking of the stuff Ive got to get, ive got a double buggy but still need a booster seat for dining chair as already have highchair and dont want another, reins and Im sure theres more. Not going to buy until she signs contract and pays week upfront. Seen to many stories on here of parents pulling out and the childminder has gone and bought stuff.

Have you thought about talking to your local CIS/Development Officer/EY Team - sometimes and someplaces they have loan schemes where you can borrow (sometimes permanantly) larger equipment.

peggy
31-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Susan

Congratulations!!!

Have you thought about getting a triple buggy - i think they are expensive to buy new but perhaps ebay may have one??? I've seen those buggy board seat things which should be okay for a side by side double - tescos sell one for around 40 quid i think x

I always ask for a deposit upon signing contracts which i take off their final months invoice, that way i have the money there to buy any equipment needed and if the parent pulls out before they start, they then lose their deposit - and you could either choose to keep all the stuff you've bought or return it!

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Susan

thats great im so pleased for you Sarah, and very sensible waiting for deposit fees etc before goingout and buying loads of stuff xxx

Mollymop
31-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Congratulations Sarah! So pleased for you. XX:jump for joy:

Lou
31-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Congratulations great news for you!!!

Just to say i use a buggy board on back on side by side double buggy with no probs at all xxxxxxxxxxx

crazybones
01-02-2008, 05:17 AM
There is a new triple buggy on ebay for £130 buy it now. I know thats a lot of money but it suprised me because I thought it would be a lot more.

Annie x

deeb66
03-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Great news!