PDA

View Full Version : EARLY YEARS VISIT DONE!!

misst104
14-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I had my visit from the early years team yesterday ( pre Ofsted registration visit). Went o.k. She was very impressed with my P & P's. Thought she would say I needed more as a lot of other people seem to have loads but no (thank goodness). Its taken me ages to write them! She pointed out a few things, safety wise especially in the garden which is a pain as it would cost a fortune to get fencing round all the bits she mentioned. Might be able to get away with a temporary solution though.

Now I just need to send off the forms to the big O. Am feeling very apprehensive though and am still putting it off (latest excuse was no stamp but just noticed its freepost :rolleyes: ). I have taken my health declaration forms to doctor, so thats one more thing!!

Will send forms this week. Maybe............................ :panic:

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

pinklady
14-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Well done you!!:jump for joy:

Get those forms in the post!!:thumbsup: You sound like you're more than ready!!:thumbsup:

Esther xx

Zoomie
14-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I am also scared to submit to Ofted ...

I suppose the EY team in my area is my local NCMA, and I have her coming around in about 10 days times.

My garden is also my (major) downfall.

I had DH pull up all the paving blocks on our patio and relay them, and he has about 1/2m2 still to finish. Hopefully next weekend :panic:

Then he has to fix the little wendyhouse door, as that has fallen off its hinges, and also needs a lock. Hopefully this weekend :rolleyes:

Finally, one fence needs to be completely redone :eek: (and strictly speaking it belongs to our neighbour) but I am hoping that next pay cheque, I can at least buy the poles, and the one after that the fencing panels - that way, if I finally have the courage to get Ofsted in within the next two months, I can blag my way through, and show they are getting done.

Of and I am also willing my grass to grow, as it has been killed off by all the paving blocks sitting on it for half the winter.

Go on, have the courage to put the envelope through the red letter box :thumbsup:

misst104
14-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I am also scared to submit to Ofted ...

I suppose the EY team in my area is my local NCMA, and I have her coming around in about 10 days times.

My garden is also my (major) downfall.

I had DH pull up all the paving blocks on our patio and relay them, and he has about 1/2m2 still to finish. Hopefully next weekend :panic:

Then he has to fix the little wendyhouse door, as that has fallen off its hinges, and also needs a lock. Hopefully this weekend :rolleyes:

Finally, one fence needs to be completely redone :eek: (and strictly speaking it belongs to our neighbour) but I am hoping that next pay cheque, I can at least buy the poles, and the one after that the fencing panels - that way, if I finally have the courage to get Ofsted in within the next two months, I can blag my way through, and show they are getting done.

Of and I am also willing my grass to grow, as it has been killed off by all the paving blocks sitting on it for half the winter.

Go on, have the courage to put the envelope through the red letter box :thumbsup:

I told E.Y lady that I didn't want to send off froms until I had the garden, cupboard locks, corner protectors etc in place but she said I should still send them as Ofsted would be o.k as long as you have identified the risk and know what you will do to address it. She did say though that they would probably give you an action and a timeframe whereby you have to have done it. Then they would arrange to come back and check again. :eek:

Call me daft but I don't want them round AGAIN if I can possibly avoid it!!:rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if you get the same advice Zoomie!

Jo x x x :)

sarah707
14-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I think part of the problem with delaying is that the CRB checks can take months to come through... so the longer you wait before applying, the longer it's going to take to get registered because the inspector takes your CRB away filling it in during your pre-reg visit. :D

misst104
14-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I think part of the problem with delaying is that the CRB checks can take months to come through... so the longer you wait before applying, the longer it's going to take to get registered because the inspector takes your CRB away filling it in during your pre-reg visit. :D

Am just a big scaredy cat Sarah!!!! :blush:

jo x x x

Buzz Lightyear
16-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Then they would arrange to come back and check again. :eek:

Call me daft but I don't want them round AGAIN if I can possibly avoid it!!:rolleyes:

They wont come round again until inspection when you have kiddiwinkles. They just sent me a form for mine with an action date, once completed, you send it back and that's it until they come out around 4 months into having children. HTH now get them forms sent off!!