PDA

View Full Version : asking for wages??

izzy
14-02-2009, 12:04 AM
have just had to ask parent how they were paying me this week as wages not in my account again. they used to be ok but now i keep getting told ' i forgot to put it into your account' 'i meant to do it this afternoon but forgot', it's only ever a few days late, but if i am due to be paid on a monday i shouldnt have to ask for it should i? how would they feel if they didnt get paid on time, is really peeing me off (sorry) x

Twinkles
14-02-2009, 12:07 AM
It might be worth giving them an invoice. Hand it to them don't just pop it in the change bag , and stand and look at them expectantly !

Or get them to set up a direct debit - that's what I do with my forgetful ones.

izzy
14-02-2009, 12:11 AM
thing is,some payments are bank credits and some from busy bees, amounts change each week also, maybe i should charge a set amount each week and invoice any extra at the end of the month x x x

peanuts
14-02-2009, 07:26 AM
i give my parents an invoice the week before just to remind them. add late fees on if you have that in your contract.:( :(

tigger
14-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I have one family who are always late, I have had to ask them repeatedly with the response I keep asking/bugging my husband to do it and he keeps forgetting. (They paid me by vouchers direct into my bank.)This is fine my love, but when you don't get paid until the end of the month and your contract says that you are suposed to pay on the first day of the month I shouldn't have to keep asking you for it. I got so fed up that I was contemplating giving notice but as it turns out my job is done by getting the lo ready for nursery so I was given notice instead. How's my luck!:laughing:

From now on I am going to start charging for late payments as they don't have to worry about paying bank charges as the dd's get returned.

One the up side I get a day now all to myself to catch up on paper/housework :thumbsup:

miffy
14-02-2009, 08:42 AM
thing is,some payments are bank credits and some from busy bees, amounts change each week also, maybe i should charge a set amount each week and invoice any extra at the end of the month x x x

I think that sounds a good idea - at least then you'd get th bulk of your money.

Consider getting them to pay monthly in advance. Also charging late payment fees if they keep doing this

Good luck

Miffy xx

tammerisk
14-02-2009, 09:31 AM
i hate having to ask parents for money luckly mine pay weekly at the moment but cause they on tax credits as the single mums i have to wait till the end of the week to get paid lucky my tax credits go in on a tue and i use that to pay for every thing during the week.

have had good parents and bad ones i try to charge in advance but with tax credits they pay in arrears and it hard for single parents to find that much money upfront.

i don't charge a late fee but if they don't pay me buy the friday when the come to collect there child i say i won't have there child till i am paid and that always does the trick and ii get the money the next day

mushpea
14-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I too hate asking for money but the parent who was always late has now left which is more of a relif than anything!!
As for refusing the child untill payment, great if it works and you get paid, but if you carry it though and don't have the child during contracted hours you are in breach of contract and the ncma legal won't back you up. i know this because i had a parent who was 4 weeks behind with payment and when i rang the legal line telling them of my plan to refuse childcare, they said that even though the parent was in breach by not paying me that i still had to have the child during the notice period do i would be in breach and wouldn't be able to get any of my money owed!!!!

tigger
16-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I agree with Mushpea on the advice that the NCMA legal team give you they told me the same when cheques from one of mine bounced to the tune of £1375. Mum wanted to pay me in arrears but had signed a contract for payment in advanced. The only reasons the cheques bounced were because she refused to transfer mony over from her savings account (she should be so lucky to have the savings!) I was going to refuse her lo's but was told by the NCMA that I would be in breach of the contract, even though she was by not paying on time and then the cheques bouncing. How does that work?

LittleMissSparkles
16-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I give my invoices out at least 10 days before payment is due and have notes at the bottom explaining late payments etc, I always add on late payment charges now of £5 per day, one parent had £20 extra on their invoice for late payment last month there was no apology or nothing I didnt ask for it either just wait for them to say something unless goes above a week then remind them of the late payment fees I add etc and they usually pay up. HTH x

angeldelight
16-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Hope you get it sorted

Angel xx