PDA

View Full Version : outdoor toys

Hebs
13-02-2009, 09:24 PM
HELP

i am finally getting my garden sorted!!

after having some SILLY quotes to have my garden levelled and turfed (as it's like a mountain range at the moment lol ) the quotes ranged from

£1400

to

£2300 :eek: :panic:

i found a local gardner who quoted me just £668 :clapping: and work is booked to start on my birthday 20th april so it'll be ready for the school summer holidays :thumbsup:

i have a trampoline with enclosure for aged 3-6 years (when they were selling them cheap in argos)

but i want to get stuff the kids WILL play with

ideas anyone???

HomefromHome
13-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I have play tents, 2 slides - toddler and large, tunnels - plastic and cloth ones, and pets!!!!! :D

meant to say i got all of this from freecycle or the tip!!!!

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I find the kids like to play in /on anything out in the garden. Maybe get a playhouse (wendy) and some slides, etc.
Sand pit and water pit. Maybe a place to plant some veggies or flowers.

i was quoted in my last house to level it and slab it.
It was a tiny garden, really small and they quoted me something near to 2k, even though we were providing the materials!!!

So we thought it best to do it ourselves

Hebs
13-02-2009, 09:31 PM
at the top of the garden i'm going to have a veg garden, and the rabbit hutch

:thumbsup:

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 09:51 PM
at the top of the garden i'm going to have a veg garden, and the rabbit hutch

:thumbsup:

Ahhh cute!!!

Hebs
13-02-2009, 09:54 PM
yeah going to have a sand/water table, i have a wigwam from home bargins so that can go outside (had forgot about it)

Zoomie
13-02-2009, 10:00 PM
My husband has just relaid our patio floor. All the paving blocks had sunk where there was concrete inbetween, and plants growing up, so he took the whole lot off, and then relaid it all.:D

Just need to find two more blocks to fill in the last 1/2m2 that is still to be done, :rolleyes: , and then we have to carry all the rubble out of the garden too.

Hope the grass grows before I call ofsted :eek:

Toyswise, I have a slide, see-saw and one of those shell things that you can either put water in or sand (had sand but the lid kept blowing off, so think I will keep it for water, as that can be tipped out each day.:cool:

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 10:06 PM
yeah going to have a sand/water table, i have a wigwam from home bargins so that can go outside (had forgot about it)

WOW! A wigwam, can I come round and play too???? Please??

helenlc
13-02-2009, 10:09 PM
The kids like:
- trampoline - I have a large one and a toddler one.
- Plastic slide/climbing frame
- Playhouse, tents and tunnels
- Sand + water table
- Anything push or pull along or ride on
- Hula hoops, footballs, small balls

Hebs
13-02-2009, 10:12 PM
WOW! A wigwam, can I come round and play too???? Please??

i think it was £5 :laughing:

Angela234
13-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Last week i brought ELC wheel barrow the children have all wanting to play with it this week putting anything in it from balls to teddies to shedded paper.

Might get another one soon

As the others say house, slide, sand table, balls, chalkboard on wall, ride ons, scooters, seesaws, could go on and on

Angela

sarah707
14-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I am making a chalk board, I take the easel out, children love the messy tray (it's a cat litter tray inside a plastic table), tent and tunnel are popular, table and chairs go out, big tree trunks as stepping stones and for sitting on to read stories... I am looking to buy an all weather canopy this year. :D

mushpea
14-02-2009, 08:44 AM
hi this is what we have

ride on toys --scooters , tractors etc
sand pit
sand and water tray which has lots of different things put in it ie jelly, rice
tents
tool bench
hoops
mini golf game
huge garage with plastic cars (so they don't rust!)
action men
brio aqua water ways
parachute
balls

then i bought a shed from b&q just one of those £99 ones (probably more money now as this was a while ago) and it acts as storage in the winter then in the nice weather we turf everything out and it becomes a play house with kitchen and play food in then table and chairs outside for them to 'eat' at. the kids also decorate it themselves with pictures etc and we nomaly have a theme for it, last year it was jungle animals.

Angela234
14-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Sarah where are you looking to get a ALL WEATHER CANOPY i have been thinking along those lines

Angela

childmind04
14-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I seen a lovely simple idea somewhere last year which i copied using guttering from wickes and heavy plant netting tied together in a tube shape, the kids then make structures for water/cars to run down they all love it but invest in some waterproofs :)

I also have boards on my fences (just heavy ply) one is blackboard painted the other magnetic so they can stick paper on and draw outside

Tuff trays from BQ are good for messy play outside , mus,sand,gloop etc :)