PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

deb24
31-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Hiya,I have had a mum come and see me and she seemed really nice.However I went to my local drop in centre today and was chatting to all the childminders.It turns out that this lady had had four different childminders in my area already.This then send alarm bells ringing whether to take her on or not.
Although it would be great to have someone starting as soon as I get my certiicate through would it be worth it in the long run.Part of me is saying give it a go don't listen to what I was told,every childminder is different but to have gone through 4 is she just being too fussy.I don't think she is thinking about her children how unsettling is this for them having different people to get suited to all the time.
What should I do????

Twinkles
31-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd speak to the other minders that she's been with and find out why she left. Maybe they gave her notice for non payment or just being a royal pain!!

sarah707
31-01-2008, 12:36 PM
You could either be totally professional, sit down and listen to what she has to say and ask her why she has been through 4 childminders... maybe put it better than that :laughing:

Or you could be equally totally professional and say you've already had a number of enquiries including hers but until you get your certificate, (on reflection) you don't really want to set anyone on, or waste her time, so you suggest she looks elsewhere...

:D

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 01:53 PM
It is true though that not everyone is going to get on.

A childminder in my area has given up 2 mindies that were lovely, parents lovely, but she couldn't gel with them at all. I know and saw them with her and it was her not the children!

Banana
31-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd ask what tne problems were and why she has had so many minders

x

miffy
31-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I agree I'd talk to the mum but I'd probably also ask the other minders as well.

Sometimes things don't work out with a minder for very genuine reasons but I agree with you 4 different minders rings alarm bells for me too. You may find this job is just not worth the hassle

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said xxx

angeldelight
31-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I would also do what the others suggest

If all these childminders this morning were quick to tell you about this parent then did they actually give you the details to why she has had so many childminders?
Why were they telling you ?

It could be sour grapes that she is coming to see you and not them

Sorry its just a thought ?

Angel xx

Spangles
31-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I would get as much information as possible before I came to any decisions.

Could you meet with her again and ask of her experience with childminders, has she got any questions about the service you would be providing?

Just say that you are seriously considering caring for her children and that you would like as strong a relationship as possible with her and the children before you start and before you make a final decision.

If you've got no worries about her at all other than what these people have said I would definitely investigate more.

Could they be talking about a different mum? Are they normally honest and upfront or could this be jealousy? Could 4 be an exaggeration?

I would be careful if I were you to make judgments based on what other people saying with no evidence especially as you quite clearly liked her.

deb24
31-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I would get as much information as possible before I came to any decisions.

Could you meet with her again and ask of her experience with childminders, has she got any questions about the service you would be providing?

Just say that you are seriously considering caring for her children and that you would like as strong a relationship as possible with her and the children before you start and before you make a final decision.

If you've got no worries about her at all other than what these people have said I would definitely investigate more.

Could they be talking about a different mum? Are they normally honest and upfront or could this be jealousy? Could 4 be an exaggeration?

I would be careful if I were you to make judgments based on what other people saying with no evidence especially as you quite clearly liked her.
Great advice Thanks will give it some thought

deeb66
03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Only just catching up with this one.

How did it turn out?