PDA

View Full Version : Another Risk assessment query, sorry!

fucshia
13-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I have sent in my forms to Ofsted and am writing my risk assessments. I have checked my garden and wonder about the solar garden lamps. I have a few dotted about. Would it be enough to say I would supervise a child or would it be best that I remove them? I can't think what else to do.Thanks for any help with this.

chewy sweets
13-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I've got solar lamps in my garden but didn't think to include them in my risk assessments. I think i'd be inclined to say that you'll supervise the children in the garden. If the inspector advises you to remove them I would then. Hope this helps:laughing:

Pipsqueak
13-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Remember risk assessment is about managing risk not totally eliminating everything that could pose a risk to the children. Children have to learn to assess risk for themselves and if we remove everything potentially harmful they will never learn.

Supervision is good and you will help the children learn the risk associated with solar lights - but remember these are an excellent source of learning as well.

Playmate
13-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Supervision is good, I think where solar lamps are concerned I would be more concerned for the lamps than the children! I have some multi coloured ones that border my garden which my children kept moving last year when my back was turned and we have lost 2 completely!:laughing: