PDA

View Full Version : another one!!!!

Jules27
13-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Enquiry that is!! That makes 5 in a week:panic: !!!!!!! Had to refer a couple to other childminders as no cando!! trying to work out how to fit them in, may need another variation from Ofsted:eek: !!!!

The latest one was an email this morning from a lady at my sons school she enquired before christmas but plans changed etc.... well at the time I had a space, I still have - ish, but would need variation for a couple of afternoons. Hopefully wouldn't be a problem as my full timer is term time only anyway!!:laughing:

miffy
13-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow! It's great you're getting so many calls, even if it's a headache trying to fit them all in!

Good luck with this one - you must be full now?

Miffy xx

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 08:20 AM
That's great that things are so busy.

I have had 3 in 2 weeks

I had one this morning in my spam filter. They wanted care for a 6 year old but only in the Easter and Summer holidays. I have already booked time off in the summer and the Easter hols so I can't help.:(

Jules27
13-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Wow! It's great you're getting so many calls, even if it's a headache trying to fit them all in!

Good luck with this one - you must be full now?

Miffy xx

Providing contracts get signed then I will be full for under 5's. Still haver a few spaces for over 5 but not bothered about that too much!:D

Lottie
13-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Good for you! :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
13-02-2009, 09:30 AM
That's great that things are so busy.

I have had 3 in 2 weeks

I had one this morning in my spam filter. They wanted care for a 6 year old but only in the Easter and Summer holidays. I have already booked time off in the summer and the Easter hols so I can't help.:(

If they don't mind travelling to Corby, I'll have them!!! LOL. I've got no one in the holidays yet as all mine have term time only contracts. Hope I get some more calls soon. I had 7 (!!!) in one week the other day but they were all for part time hours here and there for under 5's and I couldn't fit any of them in! :(

peanuts
13-02-2009, 10:23 AM
must be something in the water just now, i have had loads as well:)

RedDragon
13-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I had another enquiry too! I'll need a double decker bus to pick up from school at this rate. The child is 7 - I haven't got any places but am giving her my details anyway (I have a Welcome Pack I have just updated) as when she reaches 8 I will be able to offer her a place.

The only trouble is the child is already with a Childminder but the parent has approached me on the quiet. Last year 3 children from the same family came from the same Childminder to me (both parties parent+CM decided to part because of conflict- I didn't get involved) so if I take on this child I will have 4 from the same Childminder. :panic: :blush: :eek:

OrlandoBelle
13-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I had another enquiry too! I'll need a double decker bus to pick up from school at this rate. The child is 7 - I haven't got any places but am giving her my details anyway (I have a Welcome Pack I have just updated) as when she reaches 8 I will be able to offer her a place.

The only trouble is the child is already with a Childminder but the parent has approached me on the quiet. Last year 3 children from the same family came from the same Childminder to me (both parties parent+CM decided to part because of conflict- I didn't get involved) so if I take on this child I will have 4 from the same Childminder. :panic: :blush: :eek:

Oooh dear...I wonder what happened?! Find out and tell us (in the strictest confidence of course Lol!!) I'm always up for a bit of gossip!! Lol;)

RedDragon
13-02-2009, 11:26 AM
LOL I talk to the Childminder and unless the parent comes to some sort of an agreement and doesn't just dump her I will be happy to take her on but I won't take her on of there is any bad feeling (not worth the hassle).

From what I have been told the other CM (like myself) cares for a number of children but we differ in that she allows the older children out on their own during the time they are with her and when parents go to collect she is not always sure where they are (upstairs, downstairs, back garden, outside front etc). But that is only what I have been told :rolleyes:

OrlandoBelle
13-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh my god! I would never do that. I don't let them out of my sight! I don't let Children go upstairs without me except for my own son. Not only because they would be unsupervised and could hurt themselves, but because they might go snooping in drawers or break something!

RedDragon
13-02-2009, 11:38 AM
:rolleyes: I haven't got involved to be honest - as long as I do my job. The parents are aware as far as I know (if I had seen something that I thought was damaging to the children and no one knew that would be a different story).

I have a policy in place where children can come from big school on their own and meet me in the street/at my home and also a policy where under 18's are allowed to collect siblings - and I also cover myself by always knowing where even the oldest ones (nearly 13) are as they sometimes forget to tell me/parent that they have after school when we think they are coming to me.

I also have a route that I don't stray from so older children and I meet along the way.

Heaven Scent
13-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh how do you feel they would take the idea of commutig to cheshire to have their children cared for?

RedDragon
13-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Ah, I know - it's mean when there is work in some parts and not others (have been there myself).

LOOPYLISA
13-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I though you were gonna say another forum baby :laughing: :laughing:

Jules27
13-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I though you were gonna say another forum baby :laughing: :laughing:

Think hubby would be asking whos it was!!! lol!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: