PDA

View Full Version : can i?

louise
12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi, I've got a younger brother 11 and sister 13. Now if they were to come over during the holiday they can only stay 2 hours. Is that right? They have always come over for the day before but ive never been working. Don't really want to charge my mum.

Thank you.
Louise

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
They can stay as long as they want to they are your family.

berkschick
12-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Im confused, it doesnt take a lot!

Why can they only stay 2 hours?

louise
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I thought it would only be 2 hrs under the whole thing of having to be registured if u look after someone for over 2 hrs and get reward ect. I don't know. So it wont affect my insurance? say if mindee has accident while they are with me. I know they wont be covered as they aren't contracted.

Thank you
Lou

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
You aren't getting a reward though are you, you said you didn't want to charge. If you aren't registered then no, you can't have them over 2 hours for a reward.

If they are just visiting for the day then its not a problem. I have kids here (dd's friends) that I don't get paid for.

berkschick
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Are you registered Lou?

louise
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah i am reg have been for 3 years. I didn't know if they would get classed as a play friend for ds. I wont get reward well only in the form of my Mum looking after my ds at somepoint but then she is his nan.

berkschick
12-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I cant see it being any problem at all you having them over for as long as you want them to stay.

They dont come into your numbers so you are fine there.

The only thing that might be worth checking out is your insurance but I think that covers 10 or 12 children at a time anyway. I know you wont be getting any reward for having them but they might be counted in your numbers for insurance purposes. It should say more on the back of your insurance certificate.