PDA

View Full Version : Right...what now?

aly
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Now I am registered what do I do know ...apart from earnign and minding that is :laughing::laughing:

I know I need to register as Self Employed but my mind has gone blank and not sure what else.. I need a tax ref num ??

Anyone got a list please

Ta
x

tulip0803
12-02-2009, 10:46 PM
As you say you need to contact the tax office - you have 3 months to do this but best to get it out the way asap. They will send you a letter to confirm that they will send you a tax return form in April. You will normally get your number with the tax form.

The tax office will also arrange for you to be sent a form for a National Insurance Exemption Certificate as you will not have self-employed earnings of £4825 (after expences) between now & April (if you do can you please let me know how so I can do it too:D ). When you get the form fill it in & send it back & they will send you an exemption letter.

Tell your local Family Information Service about your vacancies.

Do your accounts as often as possible as it makes it easier to do your tax return:) .

Tell your home/car insurance that you are now working as a childminder.

Tell everyone that you meet that you are now working as a childminder:rolleyes:

Get them all to tell everyone that they meet that you are now working as a childminder:D

Good luck XX

miffy
12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Make sure you've sorted your public liability insurance too and NCMA membership if you are going to join.

Check out your local Early Years dept to see what training is on offer

Advertise everywhere you can think of

Good luck!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
13-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Good advice from the others

Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 08:32 AM
As the others have said... and good luck getting started!

Lottie
13-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Good luck, hope you get some little darlings soon!:thumbsup:

jessie1
13-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Nothing to add, just good luck!

aly
14-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks all.

Julia & miffy...they are all done...i just need to contact the tax office...i got the form [downloaded] or the excemptionfor Nat. Ins.

it looks like things are gettign there finally

thanks all:thumbsup: