PDA

View Full Version : Would this be wrong?

littlesprogs
12-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I recieved a letter this morning from surestart saying they are giving out grants of £100 to local childminders to use on early years resources to enhance our provisions.

Now I am not working as a childminder and dont intend to in the future. I have recieved a letter from ofsted reminding me my registration fee is due but i dont intend to pay it as i am giving up my registration. Would it be wrong of me to accept the grant and get some stuff for jayden?

DH thinks it is wrong and i suppose it is really but i never got any help with start up costs at all what do you all think?

Rubybubbles
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
sorry hun , but no!!:laughing: if you get it I will end up not and I will moan haha

how are you? not been around much so sending you a wave xx

Tatjana
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I agree with your dh and think it would be wrong to accept the money as it won't be used for what it's intended for.

Not many people get start-up grants anymore.

xx

wendywu
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Sorry to put a dampner on it, but it is really. I suppose it depends when your registration runs out to how long it would take you to get the money.

I suppose to split hairs if are you registered at the moment then you could claim. It is down to you.:)

berkschick
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry but I think it is wrong too.

balloon
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Sorry, but I agree with your hubby, it's not right. In fact it's fraud.

nell57
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Mm not sure about this one, the grant in my area has a clause in that if you decide to finish minding you have to pay some or all of the money back. So you'd have to read the small print;)

littlesprogs
12-02-2009, 06:35 PM
sorry hun , but no!!:laughing: if you get it I will end up not and I will moan haha

how are you? not been around much so sending you a wave xx

not sure if you'd get it anyway its come from horncastle so guessing there only doing the surrounding villages.

I'm fine thanks how are you?

Pipsqueak
12-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Sorry Sproggy, as tempting as it sounds (and I don't blame you one little bit for thinking along those lines), its money intended for bettering the provision of children with childminders. As I am sure you can appreciate, we struggle along enough to get grants and funding, that money could be used by another minder who is really good but struggling with funds. Sorry to be a sourpuss on it:o

Rubybubbles
12-02-2009, 06:39 PM
not sure if you'd get it anyway its come from horncastle so guessing there only doing the surrounding villages.

I'm fine thanks how are you?

its not fair I get nothing!! I didn' even get an invite to the NCMA meetint this weekend! rachelE asked if I was going and I was like eh???

I'm good thanks, flat out with work kids and jon still working away but hey ho!! only 16 weeks to go till he can live at home again:clapping: then I will be on the dark side:laughing: :laughing:

littlesprogs
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
its not fair I get nothing!! I didn' even get an invite to the NCMA meetint this weekend! rachelE asked if I was going and I was like eh???

I'm good thanks, flat out with work kids and jon still working away but hey ho!! only 16 weeks to go till he can live at home again:clapping: then I will be on the dark side:laughing: :laughing:

what ncma meeting? lol

Ah so i can only talk to you for another 16 weeks haha! Thats gone really quick though i bet you cant wait!

Rubybubbles
12-02-2009, 06:45 PM
what ncma meeting? lol

Ah so i can only talk to you for another 16 weeks haha! Thats gone really quick though i bet you cant wait!

haha can;t change me I'm afraid you'll have to still talk to me lol

It has gone really quick since I've moved:clapping: and see a bit more of him;) when he sneaks home

littlesprogs
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
haha can;t change me I'm afraid you'll have to still talk to me lol

It has gone really quick since I've moved:clapping: and see a bit more of him;) when he sneaks home

thats because lincolnshire is a much nicer place to live :clapping:

thats naughty i'm telling :laughing:

Lincsminder
12-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I got the same letter today and realized £100 doesn't go that far especially when you have to buy the stuff from certain catalog's. Why don't you give them a ring and ask them what to give will happen if you quit childminding, will you be expected to give the money back?
They may let you have it any way as they are hardly going to split the money with all the other minders we would probably get 10p each or something and it might be a case that either you have it or they loose it anyway.

rickysmiths
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I recieved a letter this morning from surestart saying they are giving out grants of £100 to local childminders to use on early years resources to enhance our provisions.

Now I am not working as a childminder and dont intend to in the future. I have recieved a letter from ofsted reminding me my registration fee is due but i dont intend to pay it as i am giving up my registration. Would it be wrong of me to accept the grant and get some stuff for jayden?

DH thinks it is wrong and i suppose it is really but i never got any help with start up costs at all what do you all think?

I think as you have made it very clear that you have NO intention of carrying on childminding you would be defrauding the organisation that are giving the grant. Want to risk a criminal record for £100 go ahead claim it.:mad: :mad:

LOOPYLISA
12-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I agree with everyone else x

angeldelight
12-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Sorry I think it would be wrong

At least you were honest enough to ask us though so you must have really had doubt in your mind in the first place

Angel xx

Noodles
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I agree with everyone else too. As some have said it would be fraud as you have no intentions of childminding and this is meant for childminders

Winnie
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
You may find that there is a clause saying if you stop childminding within a certain time you have to pay it back:(

flora
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry I think it would be wrong

At least you were honest enough to ask us though so you must have really had doubt in your mind in the first place

Angel xx

Sorry Sproggie,

I know where you are coming from, but have to agree. Defo No :thumbsup:

peanuts
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
it would be wrong to accept it

Mollymop
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey hun. Don't do it just in case you find yourself in trouble. Hope you are ok hunny, long time no see on here.
Well done for being so honest!!!

beerheaven
12-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Have to say that I agree with the others. I expect there is something in the small print about paying the money back if you stop minding within a certain period of time.
I realise that it is tempting but I would worry about the consequences.
Do be careful hun.