PDA

View Full Version : I'm wishing and hoping. Fingers crossed

Mrs.L.C
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
That we can go a head and buy a house. At the end of last year we applied to join the first choice home buy scheme which helps you buy a house if you are on a low income/can not buy a house outright/get a 100% mortgage which we were accepted on.

Well we have found the house, funding is available and then got told detached houses can no be funded and the house is a linked detached house. I was gutted but thought id contact them about this and they said it may be accepted as we can get it for £142 000 which is less than any semi detached/terraced house round here.

So fingers crossed as well as everything else at the mo that they say yes and we can still get a mortgage to pay for the rest.

Its mad cause its all I can think about at the moment but im trying not to get my hopes up but it will make a massive difference to us and the minding

yummymummy
12-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.:)

jessie1
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Same here, goodluck as it can be very frustrated not knowing.

charleyfarley
12-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Good luck :thumbsup: It's great news no wonder you are excited :jump for joy:

My son and his wife have just been accepted on a similar scheme through her work, great way to get on the property ladder :thumbsup:

Carol xx

samd35
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Good Luck x

Lick'le Oakes
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Wishing you loads of luck:thumbsup:

Mollymop
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
How exciting for you. I hope it works out ok, I have my fingers crossed for you

jibberjitz
12-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Good luck for tomorrow :thumbsup:

Liz

emler
12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you too :thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
19-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Well our whole world came crashing down half an hour ago. They refused to fund the house because its linked detached even though its going to cost us less than a semi-detached in the area.

I feel gutted and annoyed at the same time as we are taking up social housing and just need some slight help to buy a house and we just cant get it

miffy
19-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Laura.

What is the problem with the house being linked detached?

Hope you can find some other way round this

Miffy xx

Mrs.L.C
19-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Laura.

What is the problem with the house being linked detached?

Hope you can find some other way round this

Miffy xx

They wont fund detached houses because they are classed as premium property even though this one will be costing us less than anything else thats a 3 bed in this area

Mollymop
19-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Seems so silly doesn't it?
Can't you argue the fact that it is cheaper than a semi?

I hope you can find a nice house soon x

Mrs.L.C
19-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Seems so silly doesn't it?
Can't you argue the fact that it is cheaper than a semi?

I hope you can find a nice house soon x

I am certainly going to appeal but After phoning them after getting the letter it seems to come down to the government guidelines...and its no wonder the country is in the state it is