PDA

View Full Version : Action plan for power cuts ??

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Does aonyone have an action plan for these events?

Would I need a policy to cover this too ?

I already have a box full of torches that the children have access too and thinking aobut investing in the wind up torches so I do not have to think about batteries.

The last long powercut here was fine as I had 4 over 8's and they loved reading a book with touches and making shaddows on the wall, they were doing art and craft, i found little painted fingers around the walls LOL.

What do the rest of you do ?

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Go to the local soft play.

Winnie
12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Think on my feet :D no i dont have a plan as such but maybe i should think about one...i noticed the other week when i was in town and one side of south street had a power failure, half the shops shut- tesco express and the furniture place but the small independant shops carried on ....possibly because their tills would work??? the point i'm making is we could carry on (so long as it isnt too cold without heating) and just muddle through. It wouldnt matter if the children had sandwiches instead of a hot meal one day.
My area is not prone to powercuts.

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm going to do a risk assessment to show i've thought and covered it and get wind up torches to avoid continous battery replacemnt and some more glow sticks too they are always fun.

angeldelight
13-02-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm going to do a risk assessment to show i've thought and covered it and get wind up torches to avoid continous battery replacemnt and some more glow sticks too they are always fun.

Sounds like a plan and a good idea

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I have an action plan but not a risk assessment. May write one up over the weekend. Good idea.
I put that I would go to my emergency childminders house or my Mothers house

miffy
13-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Surely not even more paperwork? :panic: :(

Miffy xx

HomefromHome
13-02-2009, 08:16 AM
everybody stop thinking!!!!!!!!!
no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol - it is a good idea tho but more paperwork:mad:

think i might do one for what happens when i deck the inspector......:D :jump for joy:

mushpea
13-02-2009, 04:04 PM
wind up torches sound good, where do you get them from?

RedDragon
13-02-2009, 04:56 PM
everybody stop thinking!!!!!!!!!
no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol - it is a good idea tho but more paperwork:mad:

think i might do one for what happens when i deck the inspector......:D :jump for joy:

:D :D :D :D :D