PDA

View Full Version : Doncha just love your job ?

Twinkles
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sat sitting here with nit solution on my hair cos one of my mindees was sent to school and then here when the mother knew full well she had nits :rolleyes:
I asked if the hair had been treated and she said no she hadn't had time she would do it that evening.
Mindee told me when she came out of school she had them. Later on she came up to me for a hug and laid her head on mine :panic: What could I do I could hardly push her away.
Result I now have a very itchy head, dh thinks it's phsyco-symatic but I think it's nits :laughing:

Are you all itching yet ?

sammy
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
just had the same in my house hold, i found 1 nit in my hair - errgghh, thing is im still itching whenever anyone says "nit", please dont say it again!! haha

I had to go through all 3 of my kids too and 2 of them had it!!

sarah707
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh don't start me off! Horrible things! :(

LOOPYLISA
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Yukky things ! :angry:

Pipsqueak
11-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Yes:( thanks:D

i have been so lucky, not once (now touching wood) have my kids or any of the mindees had the crawlers. Generally my own kids hair is grade 2 or shorter and I give it a comb through once a week, mine is normally tied up when I am working and I comb it through once a week too.

Oh heck I am itching ....:panic:

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
yep thax for causing that itchy feeling lol

I've had it once off one mf my mindees too and mum didnt treat him until the wkend .. 4 days!

Its too hard to push a child away and I cringed when he sat on the sofa but I couldnt single him out either.

fun fun now to stop myself from scratching before my lunch time pickup.

crazybones
12-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for that Twinks :rolleyes: :panic:

Blaze
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for that Twinkles...I'm itching like mad now...you just had to practice what you preach & share didn't you!:rolleyes: :D

jessie1
12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Nit, nit, nit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have 3 sisters and none of us ever had nits and my 4 nieces as well. Yet some family friends always had it. hopefully my daughter will never get it as well. but might do if mindees get :panic: :panic:

jibberjitz
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Its going around pre-school and as Ive been on duty today I am all itchy now:(

Liz

mushpea
12-02-2009, 06:21 PM
i had this a few months ago, child came out very itchy, when mum collected her she said 'oh yes i know, havent had time to treat her yet'!! i said ok but don't bring her tommoro if she still has them, picked her up from school the next nite and as she has fine hair you could actualy see them!! called mum and told her to come and collect she wasnt impressed but i had 4 other girls that day all with long hair and it just wasnt fair on them.

and yes i am now itching too:D

Alibali
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
I HATE NITS - I hope you've not passed them on to me:panic: :panic: :panic:

Rubybubbles
12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
no I don;t love my job for stuff like this:p

You made me ichy:panic:

charleyfarley
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Cheers Twinks you've started me itching again :panic:

This morning a girl who plays with Charley told everyone ' she'd had nits twice' at the top of her voice. :D It was funny as you could see all the parents move away and start itching :laughing:

Luckily mine haven't had them yet but not only have we got those at school but also chicken pox, something else my 2 haven't had yet :panic: Think I'd rather them get c pox though

Carol xx