PDA

View Full Version : I never learn

cuffleygirl
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Feel a bit fed up, have a brilliant day having fun with mindee's and my own children - loved it.
But feel like I am taken for a ride by the parents, three sets today, one asked if I drop mindee home as he wanted to leave car and have a drink (he knew this would involve taking my 4 kids and 2 mindees on round trip) I said no - he sulked.
Next one left a message on my answerphone telling me (not asking if it was OK) that they would be late tonight - message left at 3.15 guess where I was!
Last one Mum arrives 45mins late, mindee says to mum you promised you'd be late tonight she says I am he says he wanted to stay longer - i seethe she doesn't apologise

I am pleased the mindee's are having fun but maybe I'll do something boring tomorrow!

Minstrel
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh dear.

I hope you have a better time tommorrow...

oh and i hope you remember to charge the late parents overtime!

Twinkles
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Thats so rude of them :mad: I hate it when they get here to collect and mindees say 'Oh can I stay for another ten minutes ? ' it's usually dad who says yes of course :panic:

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a Dad who does that on me, he arrives ontime then stands tlaking for 15 mins or longer about his working day!

Then when he is ready to go his child isnt so its the best part of 30 mins added on to my day, he is the last one to leave too and its eating into MY TIME with my own kiddies.

Time for me to get hard have his child ready for pickup time and standing in the pourch ready to to go and not invite the Dad into my home. Maybe he will get the message then that I do not wish to stand chatting for 30 mins when I could be having a meal with my family and helping my own kiddies with reading etc.

gailee
12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I've got my mindees ready 10 minutes before picking up still under 2 years old so they're got coats on i have the children free play for the 10 mins before they go home, i can see up the road when parent is walking down my street i pick up child and put him in the pushchair b4 mum comes to the door!! The child runs around hiding and plays up for mum so thats why i have the child ready then i can speak to mum with the child already in the pushchair without runing around chasing him getting annoyed !!! mum just lets him

yummymummy
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh dear the joys of childminding, our job title should be renamed "parents personal assistant" when dealing with some parents! :laughing: :laughing: