PDA

View Full Version : grr at sure start

jaytravis
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
our sure start center (childrens cenetr has a bit of a dragon on the desk she hates us childminders,anywaywe have been told we are not to take out our pushchairs in the center and we have to leave them outside if our cm kids are asleep we have to leave them outside or wake them up
we are not happy with this are they alowed to do that

Pedagog
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
our sure start center (childrens cenetr has a bit of a dragon on the desk she hates us childminders,anywaywe have been told we are not to take out our pushchairs in the center and we have to leave them outside if our cm kids are asleep we have to leave them outside or wake them up
we are not happy with this are they alowed to do that

So what about mums, are they allowed to take their pushchairs in?

marion123
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
probably 1 rule for them and another for us childminders

Pedagog
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
probably 1 rule for them and another for us childminders

In which case why do we all support Children's centres, personally I have always had issues with them, which has nothing to do with Childminding, and have made it very clear to my Development Officer that there is no way that I will be attached to my local one in anyway.

Jules27
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
hmmmm, think ours is going the same way, each week they ask if I would like to fold up my dubble buggy and put it in the buggy park ... a long walk from the room we are in, I always rely politely 'No thanks' and carry on!!:blush:

peanuts
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
i hope that rule applies to all or that is discrimination

DudleyChildmind
11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I wonder if the centre will pay up if one of the buggies gets stolen :rolleyes:

sarah707
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Ours makes us leave them outside... and no you are not insured if they are stolen :(

madness

jaytravis
11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
thats what i thought the area is dead rough they say they want more cm to use the center but we wont if it means the babies get dirupted i hardley trhink anyone wikk leaver the baby outside esp as were bwing paid to look after them

DudleyChildmind
11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm sure I've mentioned this before but a few years ago my insurance company told me that the buggy would not be insured if I left it unattended and if a parent was to make a claim against me then I would have to replace the buggy out of my own pocket.

tulip0803
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't work in a sure start centre but I do work part-time in a family centre (independantish) and on Tues we had 9 buggys (all empty)in the hall, all up - a big squeeze. We treat the 2 childminders & the parents the same ( not just cos I am a minder too - they were doing it before I got a job there. The minders helped set it up alongside the parents.)

I would not expect a child to be left outside to sleep or to be woken to come in. The children in our centre are put back in their own buggy to sleep whenever they need to. I would not expect parents to leave them outside in the rain either. Another Family Centre (not Sure start) nearby has a secure buggy park you collect key from centre then lock them in shed BUT they are in 2 portacabins so have no room at all for buggies.

In our county they are all happy for childminders to come & treat them the same. I know some minders from the next county that have been refused even if they come with just their own children as they are childminders and do not come under a family in need!:eek:

Shar
11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I have just started running a Childminder drop-in at a local childrens centre. We are allowed to take pushchairs into the building but can not leave them in the hallway due to fire escape regulations. I make sure that they can be left in the room we use or storage cubboard as I know that we need them if a child needs a sleep whilst there. If I were you I would speak to the person who runs the group and see if there is a way to please all. They need you more than you need them!!:thumbsup:

jeanybeany
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
My local childrens centre are always helpful. We do have to leave pushchairs in the indoor buggy park, but not if children are sleeping. The staff even help me to the room if I have all three little ones. However, I did work there for a few years as a senior member of staff and still see everyone, so don't know if they are that nice to other childmembers!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
They are making it difficult for childminders but they have to include us as part of their conditions.

Report this to your local Surestart office

jacky
12-02-2009, 08:55 AM
our childrens cente is fantastic and so is the staff. we do not take buggies in as we acn leave them outside the back doors (it is undercover and the whole back of the building is glass so we can see them and sleeping children at the same time. we do make exceptions though as one lady has newborn twins and a 3yr old and she brought her double buggy in. the staff are really accommodtaing and help us with ideas and running the drop in group.:clapping: