PDA

View Full Version : My turn for questions!!

Jen4Kids
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Ive finally got the courage to sort out my application forms :clapping:

Im a bit stuck on a few sections :blush:

These might seem really daft questions but ive spent all afternoon trying to find answers and got nowhere fast :laughing:

If this helps my children are 3, 4 (but full time reception), 6 and 8 :thumbsup:

On the EYC form section E (Provision) it asks how many children you plan to care for - i know that i need to include my own for numbers but do i also include my own in the form (does that make sense or am i talking daft?) eg it says, how many children birth to under 1yr (ive put 1) then 1 yr to 5yrs (ive got a 3yr old so do i put ill care for 2 children? what if i dont have an under 1yr? then i could have 3 under 5yrs (end of the early years group) Do you understand my question? :laughing:

Then it says about over 8s, yes or no, then how many in each age bracket. Do i have to register at the same time for the voluntary part of the childcare register (how much is it??) Or am i being really daft and dont need to register to have over 8s (my oldest is 8 and i might possible have friends if the schools shut suddenly again like they have done) Im sure i read somewhere its £103 to go register to look after over 8s but i dont want to pay it then not needed to (if that makes sense?)

Also, did anyone include written references?

Sorry if this makes as much sense as a chocolate fire guard but hubby has no clue :laughing:

Pedagog
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Ive finally got the courage to sort out my application forms :clapping:

Im a bit stuck on a few sections :blush:

These might seem really daft questions but ive spent all afternoon trying to find answers and got nowhere fast :laughing:

If this helps my children are 3, 4 (but full time reception), 6 and 8 :thumbsup:

On the EYC form section E (Provision) it asks how many children you plan to care for - i know that i need to include my own for numbers but do i also include my own in the form (does that make sense or am i talking daft?) eg it says, how many children birth to under 1yr (ive put 1) then 1 yr to 5yrs (ive got a 3yr old so do i put ill care for 2 children? what if i dont have an under 1yr? then i could have 3 under 5yrs (end of the early years group) Do you understand my question? :laughing:

Then it says about over 8s, yes or no, then how many in each age bracket. Do i have to register at the same time for the voluntary part of the childcare register (how much is it??) Or am i being really daft and dont need to register to have over 8s (my oldest is 8 and i might possible have friends if the schools shut suddenly again like they have done) Im sure i read somewhere its £103 to go register to look after over 8s but i dont want to pay it then not needed to (if that makes sense?)

Also, did anyone include written references?

Sorry if this makes as much sense as a chocolate fire guard but hubby has no clue :laughing:

When filling in the form put the amount of children not including you own, ofsted inspector can/will change if necessary when she/he visits you anyway.

Its free to go on the other register, if you go on all at the same time, so I would go on all at once, just make sure you are aware of differences.

And yes sent my references with my forms.

Tatjana
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I got confused with the numbers too, so you're not alone! But it didn't really matter anyway as the inspector will tell you how many you can be registered for.

It's better to go for the over 8's as well then you don't have any hassle if you decide to do this.

I didn't include written refs, just referees details and they were contected pretty quick by Ofsted.

hth

xx