PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Trouble
31-01-2008, 12:06 AM
When the EYFS comes in well get inspected all over again even if were not due one? some one said their going to start a new register and well all be done again regardless!!!

Blaze
31-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Yep...that's what I was told on the into to eyfs! :crying: It's not fair!
Tasha:)

Fifi
31-01-2008, 01:29 AM
. . . and by 2015 all childminders will need to have NVQ Level 3, equivalent to an "A" Level in order to be childminders.
Oh well, I suppose I’ll be already dead and buried under a ton of forms, policies, daily diaries and planning sheets by then
:littleangel:

charleyfarley
31-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Can't see how they will beable to inspect everyone - well they are behind with the inspections anyway so to inspect everyone will just cause even more backlog.

Hope I'm at the end of the list:laughing:

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:19 AM
just remind me why I decided to become a childminder ......

charleyfarley
31-01-2008, 07:26 AM

For the children Susan!!!!!

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:28 AM
For the children Susan!!!!!

Carol xx

yes Carol I did :) just wasnt counting on all the other issues tha come with it ie eyfs etc xxx

charleyfarley
31-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Precisely Susan

I chose not to work in an office coz I hate typing and paperwork:panic: :)

What do I spend a lot of my time doing?? Typing and paperwork!!!!!:)

How you feeling today? Recovered from hangover now:)

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:35 AM
How you feeling today? Recovered from hangover now:)

Carol xx

yes hangover gone but left a horrendous old in its place, been up allnight coughing and sneezing, cant breathe through my nose, throat feels like be slashed with razor blades and can hardly talk my voicehas nearly gone !!! have had to book the day off so have lost my wages for today :(

xxx

jaz
31-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Oh Susan, you dont sound very well at all, hope you feel better soon.

angeldelight
31-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh Susan just spotted this and I asked you in the other thread if you were ok

Sorry to hear you still feel poorly you best make sure you rest and get well soon

Big hugs to you

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh Susan, you dont sound very well at all, hope you feel better soon.

:( I'm not , feel awful xxx

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 10:19 AM
My inspection is due in December anyway, yikes, who else is due after the EYFS comes in??? Or just me, you can all learn off my mistakes:laughing:

Pipsqueak
31-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Because you always wanted to be a pen-pusher!!! lol Not to mention you know you really don't like sleep and your destiny and lifes ambition was to become an Insomniac (when you stay up till yon time doing your planning, research, reading etc etc....)

Pipsqueak
31-01-2008, 10:23 AM
yes hangover gone but left a horrendous old in its place, been up allnight coughing and sneezing, cant breathe through my nose, throat feels like be slashed with razor blades and can hardly talk my voicehas nearly gone !!! have had to book the day off so have lost my wages for today :(

xxx

Feeling better hugs hunny

Blaze
31-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Feeling better hugs hunny
LOL Vik!

Poor you Susan...get well soon!
Tasha:)

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Because you always wanted to be a pen-pusher!!! lol Not to mention you know you really don't like sleep and your destiny and lifes ambition was to become an Insomniac (when you stay up till yon time doing your planning, research, reading etc etc....)

oh yes tahts why !!!! LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
31-01-2008, 11:13 AM
When the EYFS comes in well get inspected all over again even if were not due one? some one said their going to start a new register and well all be done again regardless!!!

Oh no I didn't know this :eek:

I am expecting the inspector to call me any minute to tell me when she's coming and thought that would be it for at least a few more years.

I've been telling myself I won't go through another inspection after this one so now I'm gutted to think it may be sooner than I thought ::(

Miffy xx

Banana
31-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I didnt know this either.

For gods sake :mad:

peggy
31-01-2008, 06:31 PM
great.....i'm due my first one in April.....then six months later or so i'm gonna get another one?.....fandabbydosy.

buildingblocks
31-01-2008, 09:23 PM
. . . and by 2015 all childminders will need to have NVQ Level 3, equivalent to an "A" Level in order to be childminders.

But I already hold two level 3's (not an NVQ though) why would I want to do another one!!!!!

avril
31-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh well, I suppose I’ll be already dead and buried under a ton of forms, policies, daily diaries and planning sheets by then
:littleangel:

I've just completed and got my nvq3 certificate it's not as bad as it sounds just a lot of working knowledge and some internet surfing for info but I do feel very proud of myself :clapping:

Avril :laughing:

Lou
31-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes i heard that they will be starting all over again come september, so it wont matter when you were last inspected.

Also we were told instead of every 3 yrs, it will depend on your grade, so if you got outstanding, they would leave it the longest until you get inspected again which would be the 3 yrs, but if you got satisfactory you might et inspected again a year later.

Could be a load of balls though!!!

Anyway why are we speculating, Oftsted dont even know whats happening yet!!!!!!

Tily Bud
31-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Anyway why are we speculating, Oftsted dont even know whats happening yet!!!!!!

Ha, ha, ha, how very true those words are do ofsted ever know what they are doing ????

deeb66
02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Just caught up with this thread.

Ofsted run their inspections by a system called 'Cycles'. What happens is the computer randonly pulls out names to be inspected in any order in that cycle regardless of grading....yes it does tend to pull out the lower gradings first (excuse the term lower....I know it is not a good one!)

What it means is that everyone SHOULD be inspected within that 3 year cycle.

Ofsted will be starting it's new 3 year cycle in September....what that means is that your name could be pulled for inspection anywhere within that 3 years....it doesn't mean that everyone has to be inspected again straight away. The cycle system doesn't always work anyway.....

According to theory everyone should have an inspection within the 3 years but I waited nearly 5 years between my inspections!!

I hope this clarify's the situation a bit!

Trouble
02-02-2008, 09:37 PM
im sure im due another one this year i think i started in 05 i never intended after the first one to have another so id better start doing planning and obs and re do my policies i hope mine will be 5 years inbetween and i hope i dont get the horrible inspector or i wont stand a chance!!!!!!:panic: