PDA

View Full Version : registering in a privately rented house

sam39uk
11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I am about to start the ball rolling and become a childminder - I am a mum of 5 and have always wanted to do it. My question is ...

My landlord is more than happy yo let me run this business but I have no idea how it affects our tenancy - do we have to have a commercial tenancy etc??

I am really in the dark and need help with this minefield - the house is perfect but I need some advice from anyone in the know or has been through this hurdle?

Thanks and hope to be speaking lots more as i just joined today !!!

sam x

Minstrel
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
hi and welcome x

no you dont as long as you care for no more than usual amount.

and once you start taking on lots of assistants (think its 3) then you have to get planning permissions.

normal childminding will be fine though.

sue m
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Sam, sorry I can't answer your question, I haven't got a clue but wanted to say welcome to the forum anyway :thumbsup:

Blaze
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I am about to start the ball rolling and become a childminder - I am a mum of 5 and have always wanted to do it. My question is ...

My landlord is more than happy yo let me run this business but I have no idea how it affects our tenancy - do we have to have a commercial tenancy etc??

I am really in the dark and need help with this minefield - the house is perfect but I need some advice from anyone in the know or has been through this hurdle?

Thanks and hope to be speaking lots more as i just joined today !!!

sam x

All you need is a letter from your landlord saying he is happy for you to childmind from the property.:)

Mollymop
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Good luck starting up your business. Chat soon, oh, and welcome!!:thumbsup:

patevans
11-02-2009, 06:20 PM
All you need is a letter from your landlord saying he is happy for you to childmind from the property.:)

This is all I have and Ofsted were happy with it :thumbsup:

pinklady
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Nothing to add but just wanted to say hi and welcome!!:thumbsup:

Esther xx