PDA

View Full Version : i thought i would get into trouble with ofsted!

sammykins
11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
i wrote a little while ago about having 3 under 5s 2 mornings a week whilst my son was at nursery, but eveyone on here said that my son still counted in my numbers, so i had to get a variation from ofsted.

I was actually worried as ive been doing this since August and really didnt know, anyway i phoned ofsted they asked if it was a continuity of care or a sibling, i said its just a new variation, i didnt say yes or no as i was worried i would get in troube for already having him, so they basically said no as its not a continuity of care i couldnt have him. Then i said well actually i have had him but i was worried to say, as i thought i would get in trouble for already having him, then she said well that means its a continuity of care and that i was allowed my variation, she said that i will be covered too if Ofsted now inspected !! phew a great weight off my shoulders!! she then advised me to get my partner to be an assistant, as then i might not have to get a variation as my partner could be responsible for one of them.

I think ive been very lucky not to have got into trouble, and im glad i came on this forum to get advice, so thanks girls

Blaze
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Glad you got it sorted.:)

peanuts
11-02-2009, 03:04 PM
glad to hear you got it sorted out without getting into trouble

Pauline
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
That is good news and the main thing now is that your insurance is not affected, as before you were probably working uninsured by having more children that you should have had, even though it was a genuine error. :)

crazybones
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Glad you have got comfirmation for your piece of mind :thumbsup:

Andrea08
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
can i clear something up please

i am registered for 3 under 5yrs
3 over 5yrs to 8 yrs
total 6 children under 8yrs

so how many children can i have over 8yrs old? i was under the impression there is no limit as long as any care given to the over 8yr olds does not efect the care needed for the under 8's?????

sorry for jumping in i may have to start a new thread?
andrea x x

Minstrel
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
depends on insurance. think i'v seen posted elsewhere that its on your cert, maybe on the back

Andrea08
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
depends on insurance. think i'v seen posted elsewhere that its on your cert, maybe on the back

im glad someone reads all the small print found it now many thanks

total of 12 children of these insured for no more than 6 children over 8yrs

ie 6 under and 6 over 8yr olds my word dont think i would like the full 12 all at the same time lol thanks minstrel x x

Minstrel
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
no problem - i havent got one but i remember someone saying it before- i always remember random things i dont need to but then forget where i've put my keys...... why is that?:panic:

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
I always thought my certificate was the amount of children I could have on top of my own children until I was informed otherwise.

i had 5 under 8's 4 were under 5 this was my 3 under 5's and my son...

lucky for me I didnt get into trouble but by the time I found out I was in the wrong 2 of my under 5's were now 6 and in fulltime school so it was no longer an issue.

I then wished ofsted had been clearer with the rules, my inpector knew my house well as she used to babysit for the family who lived here before me, she said the hosue was nice and big being able to accomodate upto 6 under 8's at any one time so I took my certificate as being

no more than 4 children at any one time plus my own making 6 under eights
of these no more than 3 under fives
no more than 2 under 1's ( had a variation for twins)

no overnight care.

I was wrong as it should have been including my own children not additional.

katickles
12-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Really pleased you got it sorted & without any bother.

I would have worried about tellingthem aswell if it were me.

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2732/273253.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

charlie28
12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
glad everything got sorted

LaUrA K
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
i didnt no this! i'm allowed 2 under 5's as i have a 2 yr old myself..so when she starts nursry in Janurary i can still only have 2 under 5's??? although she is not with me? What about when she starts full time school?

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
How come my certificate says I can have 2 under 5's and not 3?

charleyfarley
12-02-2009, 12:25 PM
How come my certificate says I can have 2 under 5's and not 3?

Do you have a child of your own? If so that will be why. I have Mitchell so he takes up one of my under 5 places

Carol xx

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I do have a daughter but she is 6yrs old.

Do you have a child of your own? If so that will be why. I have Mitchell so he takes up one of my under 5 places

Carol xx

charleyfarley
12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I do have a daughter but she is 6yrs old.

Did you inform them when dd reached 5 as she would then move up a group? as they don't just amend the certificate. Could it be space?

Sorry I've just seen when you reg so it couldn't be the age

Carol xx

FizzysFriends
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Did you inform them when dd reached 5 as she would then move up a group? as they don't just amend the certificate. Could it be space?

Sorry I've just seen when you reg so it couldn't be the age

Carol xx

She was 6 a couple of days before the pre-reg cos all her cards/banners/balloons were still up when I had my pre-reg. I don't think its space because she said at pre-reg I can have the full amount of children which she just said as 6 minus my own and when my cert came I just checked it said 5 children and didn't read the rest until recently :blush:

charleyfarley
12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Your dd would be in the 5 - 8 group Fizzy

So you should beable to have 3 under 5 and then 2 in the 5 - 8 group.

I'd phone them up as Ofsted have been known to make mistakes :D

Carol xx

berkschick
12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
i didnt no this! i'm allowed 2 under 5's as i have a 2 yr old myself..so when she starts nursry in Janurary i can still only have 2 under 5's??? although she is not with me? What about when she starts full time school?

Your own daughter will stay in your under 5 numbers until she is in full time funded education when she is 4 or 5. Her going to nursery full time at 2 or 3 will not change your numbers as you are still responsible for her. HTH.

sammy
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM

yes your only allowed 2 under 5s when shes at nursery, when she is a full time school then she is classed as an over 5, so you can have 3 under 5s

kindredspirits
12-02-2009, 05:29 PM
i'm pleased you've got it sorted with no bother. perhaps we should all do that if they deny a variation! pmsl, we could just start the child and claim ignorance!!!!

(Pauline if i happen to do that you can delete the thread right??! :laughing: )

Pauline
13-02-2009, 09:23 AM
i'm pleased you've got it sorted with no bother. perhaps we should all do that if they deny a variation! pmsl, we could just start the child and claim ignorance!!!!

(Pauline if i happen to do that you can delete the thread right??! :laughing: )

I know you are only joking kindredspirits - but on a serious note, if anyone reading this does think of doing it, then think twice - you would be working uninsured :eek:

Lottie
13-02-2009, 09:32 AM
That was lucky! Glad you didn't get into trouble.

Daftbat
13-02-2009, 11:19 AM
The standards don't give a number of over eights for you to care for but it does say that any children cared for over eight years must not affect the care given to those under eight. I have interpreted that to mean that you need to be sinsible and know your own abilities. It also depends on the children you are caring for. I am looking after a 15year old with ADHD today and only accepted knowing that i was not busy today and the children i did have would interact well with this child.

Daftbat
13-02-2009, 11:21 AM
can i clear something up please

i am registered for 3 under 5yrs
3 over 5yrs to 8 yrs
total 6 children under 8yrs

so how many children can i have over 8yrs old? i was under the impression there is no limit as long as any care given to the over 8yr olds does not efect the care needed for the under 8's?????

sorry for jumping in i may have to start a new thread?
andrea x x

Meant to put this in my reply to stop confusion - sorry

LaUrA K
13-02-2009, 12:29 PM
so unfair! but thanks :)

kindredspirits
13-02-2009, 02:41 PM
whoops sorry yes I am joking, working uninsured is a dangerous game to play and you could get sued for thousands so its just not worth it!

Hebs
13-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I have 2 ADHD kids in my house today

My own son and eldest mindee

Fun........ NOT