PDA

View Full Version : trying to be eco friendly

Polly2
11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Most days I am sending kiddys home with plastic bags full of paintings or arts and crafts they have done during the day.

I got to thinking I am not being very kind to the environment etc etc so was wondering what do you ladies do?

Most of the children arrive with a bag with food in, spare clothes in etc but sometimes its not big enough for extra stuff iyswim.

What do you think?

Pedagog
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
You could start with having cloth bags for children to use when they come to you.

Alibali
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I have large plastic envelope folders that come and go with them with the art work etc in it. I do have good parents though who always send everything back

Dragonfly
11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
As i always take a hessien bag with me ( or like )i dont have any or maybe a couple of carrier bags in the house. so i usually just put art work in their bags they bring or they hold them to the car (they all drive to mine).Would like to be more green, Eco nappy bags /wipes etc any other suggestions?

PixiePetal
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
The Childminding Shop (TCS advert at bottom of page) sells cotton tote bags for £1.49. Could be decorated to bring backwards and forwards to your house. Or printed with 'property of.....' to make sure they come back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: