PDA

View Full Version : i dread him filling his nappy when we go out!

sammykins
11-02-2009, 12:03 AM
as EVERYTIME it drips out of his trouser leg, always a mess to clear up - change of clothes etc (hes just turned 1) surely he shouldnt be that explosive, and he fills then nappy everytime. I did say to the mum i reckon he should be wearing smaller nappys as hes wearing 4+ and hes only 20lb, as then the top of the leg would be tighter to his skin, therefore could help prevent major leakage.

Today i had a proper nightmare, i was feeding him in the highchair at the farm, he lent to the side and then made "the face" i picked him up, it leaked onto my clothes, so i rushed to the changing rooms with my 2 and 4 year old, only to find outside ones and they were freezing as not heated, then ran out of wipes as there was just so much, i ended up using hand towels!! then couldnt even take his all in one vest off as it was TOO cold, i had to put gloves on his feet to keep them warm as poop was on his socks too. luckily i did take spare trousers and vest as this happens everytime!!

But my god how can we minimise the amount of poop, he doesnt really have alot of milk. I do know he eats spicier foods then i do? would that make a difference?

Daftbat
11-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Oh Dear - what a nightmare!

Spicier food can sometimes have an effect just like with us. I would definitely be asking mum to speak to the doctor or health visitor or adjusting his diet. Is the child showing any other symptoms which may be linked - how long has it been going on?

sarah707
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh poor little man! And poor you!

I suggest mum has a word with the doc.

breezy
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
as a temporary measure could you buy the old fashioned plastic pants to put over the nappy? they might help prevent some leakage

Pedagog
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
as a temporary measure could you buy the old fashioned plastic pants to put over the nappy? they might help prevent some leakage

That's what I used to have to do for my son, as he used to have bowel issues.

wendywu
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I would try a smaller nappy just to see if it made any diference:)

angeldelight
11-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Yuk

Poor you and poor child

I would also try a smaller nappy and have a chat with mom

Its not much fun for you if you want to go out and you do not want to be dealing with that on a daily basis even worse when you have other little ones to mind

Good luck

Angel xx

CCJD
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh poor him and also poor you!!!!

I would buy some of those plastic pants too as an interim measure - also different makes of nappies are styled quite differently - Huggies seem to be slimmer in between the legs whereas pamper slightly wider etc. It may be worth mum trying a few different brands (and sizes) if these just arent containing things.

As advised - I think it's wise to rule out bowel issues/intolerances but it could just be that he is going to grow up to be one of those men who just pooh an awful lot!!!

Good luck

Heaven Scent
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
It doesn't sound right really, how old is he? It does appear as though he does have a bowel problem. A lot of children who are on the autistic spectrum whether it be ADHD or full blown Autisim - it may be something to keep an eye out for or the poor little fella may have an allergy to cows milk or baby milk formula - I think a trip to the doc is definately necessary even if they say its nothing to worry about it shows that the mum has raised the topic and if it persists she has something to come back on - the allergyI'm referring to is lactose - I couldn't think of the word before.

helenlc
11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
The almost 3 yr old I mind has extremely loose bowels. He had some issues with red blodd count when he was younger and is now on iron tablets, which is his case has the side effect of loose stools.

He is in PullUps and has been since he started with me in November. Mum said he had done one poo on the toilet the weekend before he started and she was optimistic of getting him out of Pull Ups soon. He doesnt know half the time that he has been. He certainly doesnt tell me when he has, says No when I ask him and shows no signs of wanting to go without the Pull Up. Its not an effort for him to go - I think he just passes wind and its out (sorry TMI), so I cannot see him getting the hang of it any time soon.

Whilst we havent had any leaks as such (touch wood), yesterday was a nearly up the back job and almost out the sdies job. I think he would be better in nappies as the elasticated legs are a snugger fit than on a Pull Up.

He is going to a friends (a fellow childminder) for a few hours and she has told me he can go as long as he has already had his poo for the day!! He smells like he has diarrhoea but he doesnt. We have stunk many a toilet/changing room out :blush:

So I know where you are coming from!!!

sammykins
11-02-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks for all your replys, we had tried different nappys a few months ago it has been like this now for 6 months, and the strange thing is his mum is a doctor, so she if anyone should know if there was a problem, she suggested changing his milk,but he was like it even when breastfed, she even said maybe we should go a size bigger, but theres no way they would fall off him, he has sma milk and huggies 4+, but during the day he only has 5 ozs with me and thats 8am -7pm then i think he has 2 more 5 oz bottles (before bed and morning). Honestly it is a nightmare we went to a ball pit and i could see his poo face, i had to get his straight out as i was worried about leakage in the ball pit!! but yes i think i shall invest in plastic pants - good idea!!