PDA

View Full Version : Is this a silly question???

libbyb
30-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry me again!

One thing thats playing on my mind and it might sound very silly to you but....
If I am looking after a child/children upto say 6pm, how would you go about mealtimes for your own children?

My kids have their tea at 5pm everynight, would I still be able to keep my kids in their routine or not???

This sounds a very silly question but its bugging me!

Thanks

Libby

katickles
30-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah you can still give your kids the dinner at 5pm. Alot of childminders offer meals (some charge - some include it in the fees) A good way is to give them all dinner at the same time
:)

miffy
30-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I'd give my kids their tea at the usual time and also the mindees if they were staying for tea - if you have mindees 'til 6pm the tea at 5pm is quite a good time.

Miffy xx

libbyb
30-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah you can still give your kids the dinner at 5pm. Alot of childminders offer meals (some charge - some include it in the fees) A good way is to give them all dinner at the same time
:)

Thanks for that - it just worries me if they are not paying for tea then I'll be too soft and feed them!!! Especially if they're only little!!!!

Oh I've got a lot to learn!!!!

xx

crazybones
30-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I used to give an evening meal to my minded children who were there after 5 pm but one was the worst eater in the world and would only eat nuggets and smiley faces (gross) and so when my husband changed his hours at work and was at home by 6 I made the excuse that we wanted to eat as a family and gave notice that after the next school holiday I would not be offering this service. On the nights my boys go to Cubs I feed them early and it is not a problem but not sure how this would work every night without offering it to the other children.

Annie

libbyb
30-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I used to give an evening meal to my minded children who were there after 5 pm but one was the worst eater in the world and would only eat nuggets and smiley faces (gross) and so when my husband changed his hours at work and was at home by 6 I made the excuse that we wanted to eat as a family and gave notice that after the next school holiday I would not be offering this service. On the nights my boys go to Cubs I feed them early and it is not a problem but not sure how this would work every night without offering it to the other children.

Annie

This is my dilemma!! If they are not paying for meals I would feel wrong feeding mine and not them!!! But I suppose I'll get over it, if they're paying for it then theres not a problem!!

xxx

katickles
30-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah thats why my meals are included - I suppose then its up to parents if they want me to feed the child :D

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I include meals and if children are here at meal times then they are fed - but they get roughly the same as everyone else (taking allergies, intolerances and parental preferences into consideration of course).

I ask parents not to come in during meals as it disturbs everyone at the table and I do not cater for fads :D

charleyfarley
30-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I still feed my children if mindees are still here.

Tea is not included in my fees and yes sometimes I do relent and feed mindee but this was happening too often so I try not to feed as I would be to much out of pocket.

Now I tend to give mindee a piece of fruit to keep him going

I do feel bad but tough

I always wait for my meal till mindees have gone.

Carol xx

libbyb
30-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I still feed my children if mindees are still here.

Tea is not included in my fees and yes sometimes I do relent and feed mindee but this was happening too often so I try not to feed as I would be to much out of pocket.

Now I tend to give mindee a piece of fruit to keep him going

I do feel bad but tough

I always wait for my meal till mindees have gone.

Carol xx

I can imagine you would be out of pocket!!!

Yes, I will wait til all kids have gone so me and hubby can enjoy a meal in peace!!

I suppose at the end of the day - they get what they pay for!! I've just got to toughen up a bit!!!

chubbymummy
30-01-2008, 10:29 PM
on a wednesday i have my 3 plus 3 mindees

2 of mindees eat tea mum of other does not want me to feed him as she has tea for him when he gets home

i feel sorry for him but give him a snack at the same time if he wants to sit at the table with the others

Twinkles
30-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I include meals in my fees so if they are here at 5pm then they are fed.
Most parents appreciate not having to cook when they get home. My kids are a lot older so we don't eat at that time anyway - we have a civilised meal later !!

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I dont cook but provide sandwiches at the moment for the mindees here till 6, I didnt want to try take on to much to start with and cookinghot meals seemed alot to cope with initially till i found my feet but I will change it once feel established enough x

crazybones
31-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I wouldnt mind feeding them if they would eat what I have cooked. Slow cooker on all day with a stew (gorgeous) but when the mother was quite happy for me to cook a seperate meal (pizza, nuggets etc) without paying extra I moved the goalposts. The same child is a nightmare for lunches in school holidays so I asked her to send a packed lunch for him as he was not eating my meals. Then I had to ask her to stop including sweets in the packed lunch as it was not fair on other children. :rolleyes:

Annie x