PDA

View Full Version : help needed again please

nikkia77
10-02-2009, 09:44 PM
sorry to keep asking but tried asking DO on the phone & didn't understand a flaming word she said, here goes

re every child matters outcomes

i've got to do an objective & action for each one, think i've done the actions ok but am stuck on the objectives

outcome 1 - being healthy
objective - Promote personal hygiene?
action - I will teach the children about handwashing before meals & after toileting & blowing noses

outcome 2 - staying safe
objective - ?
action - I will provide age & stage appropriate equipment & activities

outcome 3 - enjoying & achieing
objective - ?
action - I will encourage sharing & turn taking

outcome 4 - making a positive contribution
objective - ?
action - I will guide the children in my care while allowing them to make their own decisions

outcome 5 - achieving economic well being
objective - ?
action - ????

sarah707
11-02-2009, 08:05 AM
sorry to keep asking but tried asking DO on the phone & didn't understand a flaming word she said, here goes

re every child matters outcomes

i've got to do an objective & action for each one, think i've done the actions ok but am stuck on the objectives

outcome 1 - being healthy
objective - Promote personal hygiene?
action - I will teach the children about handwashing before meals & after toileting & blowing noses

outcome 2 - staying safe
objective - ? I will support children to learn about road safety
action - I will provide age & stage appropriate equipment & activities I will provide outdoor resources which encourage children to play at being lollipop people, including flourescent jackets, home made lollipops, chalk road markings, cones, stop go boards etc.

outcome 3 - enjoying & achieing
objective - ? This could be anything you want to focus on really. I suggest you go with one of the children's current interests eg jigsaws, playing board games, learning a new card game like happy families.
action - I will encourage sharing & turn taking

outcome 4 - making a positive contribution
objective - ? I willl audit my resources (write them down in a list) for multiculturalism and disability awareness and be aware of any gaps in provision.
action - I will guide the children in my care while allowing them to make their own decisions
I will aim to have a balance of resources to appropriately show the world around us.

outcome 5 - achieving economic well being
objective - ? This has changed focus in the current Ofsted information. It is now more geared towards helping children learn skills for the future. Using this focus you could write about your objective as supporting the children to set up a role play area which involves them exploring money...
action - ????Your action would be to download and print play money, make a money bingo / lotto game, buy a till, put together a box of things that can go in the shop, look at catalogues with the children and find things they can make to enhance their play eg open / closed signs, posters to advertise etc.

Hope this helps! :D

Tatjana
11-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Sorry to sound dim, but what is this for...a course or ?

xx

nikkia77
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks sarah thats a big help

Tatjana its for my start up grant form, lot of work & headaches for £300 if you ask me but £300 better than nothing

angeldelight
13-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Hope you have it under control now ?

Angel xx

miffy
13-02-2009, 07:59 AM
thanks sarah thats a big help

Tatjana its for my start up grant form, lot of work & headaches for £300 if you ask me but £300 better than nothing

Didn't realise you had to go through all that to get your grant - I just thought they gave it you :o

Hope it's sorted now

Miffy xx

Mollymop
13-02-2009, 08:30 AM
yes we had to do something similar in our area. It is called the Quality Framework and I still haven't completed it.
We have to do it so that we can have free courses and a grant of £100.
If we don't we don't get the help/:(