PDA

View Full Version : Shall i, Shan't i?

Ripeberry
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I've got my business cards, got some advertising posters, filled in my form for Childcare link and the local Council, but i'm hanging back from the big push.
I think its mainly because i've still got quite a few policies still to do and also the pre-school committee work is taking over my life and my free time :mad:
Can you ladies give me some advise?
I would like to start advertising but i'm scared someone might want me straight away and i won't be ready for them (paperwork wise) and i hardly get enough time at the computer as it is!
And i'm also a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but i've had a nice letter from my mentor who's been allocated to me and i'll get to meet her after half-term so would it be best to wait until then?
Don't know what to do for the best :panic:

kindredspirits
10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
start advertising now - yes you'll wet yourself when you get your first enquiry but it will give you the kick you need to finish your policies etc.
the first parent i met i thought i sounded like a complete idiot, but i am now minding their son so can't have been too awful!

Ripeberry
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks Kindred! I know i'll sound daft as well and i'll get a squeaky voice, but it all depends on what the parent is like as if they don't make me feel at ease in my own home then i don't think i could work with them.