PDA

View Full Version : How many children at a time?

SimplyLucy
10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, things have gone mad here!

I haven't got time to look this up so can anyone tell me how many children we can have at one time.

I'm registered for 4, have 4 of my own, but wondered how many for insurance purposes we can have.

Basically my problem is Thursday mornings.

I have my 4 (2 under 8), 2 over 8 mindees, and 4 under 8 mindees. I've got a mum desparate for me to have her 11 yr old before school, this would make a total of 11 children.

I do have an assistant but would be within my registered numbers so wouldn't need to use her for an OFSTED point of view.

I live 3 minutes from the school, only having to cross one small road.

I have a large downstairs area in my house so there is plenty of room for all for the 45 minutes we'll be here.

Once school has opened I'd be down to 1 mindee!

Hope this makes sence.

Oh my insurance is with NCMA......not sure if that makes a difference.

Andrea08
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I get lost with how many we can have at what ages except my own registration but as far as i know any children over 8 are NOT included in your numbers and ofsted only care if the care you give the over 8's disrups the care for your under 8's

but im sticking around to find out if im right:rolleyes: xx

SimplyLucy
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Page 118 of the NCMA handbook.......

"The number of children covered by the insurance policy is the number of under 8'sfor whom the childminder is registered. In addition, cover is provided for children from 8 to 15 years of age. The number of children the policy will cover is 12."

So I'll be fine for the Thursday morning school run. I know my own children aren't covered by the policy so I'll only have 7 out of the 12 allowed on the insurance............phewwwwwww!

Allie
10-02-2009, 06:52 PM
You need a medal putting up with that many

allie

Bananabrain
10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I still reckon you are wonder woman in disguise.

RedDragon
10-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Morton M insure you for 10 I think - but if they are within your numbers you can add your children onto this number because they don't need to be insured.

So you can look after

1 under 1

plus 2 under 5

plus 3 under 8

plus over 8's (as long as it doesn't compromise the care of the under 8;s)

So you could look after 6 under 8 and 6 over 8 if you are with NCMA

I THINK :blush: :eek:

madasahatter
10-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I remember once having 10 children for one day in the school holidays a few years ago....it was a nightmare. Older kids winding up little ones. Older ones not able to make decisions as to what they wanted to do and not wanting to join in with what was planned (despite their requests etc being accounted for). And worst of all not able (or not daring) to go out anywhere!
Anyone who does this regularly has my full admiration.

Pipsqueak
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Lol, two summers ago I had my full quota of kids - the full whack of 11 (one of them with ADHD - ranging from 18months through to 11 years old), I had to keep counting them just to make sure they were still all with me. Kept me on my toes though:D

berkschick
10-02-2009, 08:19 PM
You will need Batman to help you out in a Thursday!

Will you have them all in the holidays too?

Mind you, I have just realised on my 4 under 5 day I will have 9 including my own kids :eek:

SimplyLucy
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
You will need Batman to help you out in a Thursday!

Will you have them all in the holidays too?

Mind you, I have just realised on my 4 under 5 day I will have 9 including my own kids :eek:

Ha ha ha

In the holidays the most I'll have

Monday 7
Tuesday 10
Wednesday 8
Thursday 10
Friday 9

:panic: :panic: What am I thinking of?????

Good job my mum helps out, we still go to the beach, cinema, local large parks etc etc.

I have an 8 seater car and my mum takes my own children in her 7 seater.

All children wear high vis jackets at all times........can't be losing any, I'd need superman to find them!

berkschick
10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
And what are the chancesof Batman and Superman both being free?!

crazybones
10-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Never mind that she will need the Tardis to fit all those children in :p