PDA

View Full Version : ICT in EYFS??!!

Cheeky Chops
30-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey another blond moment coming your way....

what does the I.C.T. stand for in the EYFS aspect knowledge and understanding... i cant find it anywhere on the net, I can only find the abbreviations!! thanks x

sutherland
30-01-2008, 08:50 PM
information computer technology????? :rolleyes: :laughing:

no idea........:laughing:

Rubybubbles
30-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey another blond moment coming your way....

what does the I.C.T. stand for in the EYFS aspect knowledge and understanding... i cant find it anywhere on the net, I can only find the abbreviations!! thanks x

It's not just computers, think about how using cameras, photocopiers, cd players, programmable toys (dread to think:eek: ) can help them gain knowledge

For example a child can take pictures themselves with the camera and see the outcome, volia KUW

Haha, this is taken from the EYFS cards, and I'm very impressed I knew where to look:D

Rubybubbles
30-01-2008, 09:04 PM
http://foundation.e2bn.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

this is a good link for it too:D

miffy
30-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the link Emma

Miffy xx

sutherland
30-01-2008, 09:09 PM
ah 'information and communications technology'

I wasnt far off then.......well done Emma for knowing where to look :clapping:

Rubybubbles
30-01-2008, 09:10 PM
ah 'information and communications technology'

I wasnt far off then.......well done Emma for knowing where to look :clapping:

the book is my bible haha, no tend to be my bed time reading, makes me sleep easy:laughing:

Cheeky Chops
30-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I need one of these that you call your bible!! can you tell me where to get one??! I have been ringing all over to find out how and no one seems to know where or how to get hold of one! I am in the yorkshire area, thanks! x

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:22 PM
It's online - http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/

and on teachernet

They are not printing just now as the revisions are due soon, so you'll have to find somebody with spares I think! :D