PDA

View Full Version : Recommondation on my report? Help

nell57
10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I've had my report back from my recent inspection. I had 2 recommendations on. The first is to do risk assessments on All outings, I had not done one for toddlers we go to on Fri mornings:doh: although I've done one for everything else.

The other is, to further improve my early years provision I need to, match observations of children's achievements to the expectations of the early learning goals.

Not sure what I need to do to do this. I do obs, evaluate and match to 6 areas of learning, then plan next steps

Hope someone can help explain what it means and how I can implement it:D

Chatterbox Childcare
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Sounds like you are doing next steps. Didn't the inspector discuss this with you at the time and explain what she wanted? I would call her and discuss again

Risk Assess - self explanatory

Tatjana
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
You have to do risk assessments for each individual outing??!

I've done one just for 'outings', guess it's back to the drawing board for me *sigh*

xx

jacky
10-02-2009, 04:43 PM
ive done a risk assessment for just about everything from walking to going in the car scholl pickups and all the parks we visit as well as indoor playcentres. am having a bit of a debate with another cm friend who is not going to do risk assessments as she only does them if an incident occurs. when i had my inspection last week my inspector said she would get pulled up over that which i told her but she didnt care. and she wants to get outstanding again. i dont think so:panic:

nell57
10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
ive done a risk assessment for just about everything from walking to going in the car scholl pickups and all the parks we visit as well as indoor playcentres. am having a bit of a debate with another cm friend who is not going to do risk assessments as she only does them if an incident occurs. when i had my inspection last week my inspector said she would get pulled up over that which i told her but she didnt care. and she wants to get outstanding again. i dont think so:panic:

You are right and your friend is wrong Jakcy. I'm kicking myself because I knew this and over looked doing one for this venue, even though I've done one for everywhere else.:mad:

nell57
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
You have to do risk assessments for each individual outing??!

I've done one just for 'outings', guess it's back to the drawing board for me *sigh*

xx

Yes you do hun and its important to review them regularly. And do one for each new outing you do.

OrlandoBelle
10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I had no idea you had to do this for every outing! Do you have to do one every day for the same outing....say for a school run that you do every day. Or just one for each different outing you go on? :(

sarah707
10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
The statutory requirements state that you must do one for every type of outing...

So one for the shops, one for the ducks, one for soft play, one for the school run, one for the park ... etc :D

Tatia
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
am having a bit of a debate with another cm friend who is not going to do risk assessments as she only does them if an incident occurs.
The whole point of the risk assessment is to prevent accidents, not to document one that has already occurred.:rolleyes: Wow, with an emphasis in EYFS as well as Helath and Safety At Work Act as statutory requirements, risk assessments are the buzzword everywhere you go. In fact, if she doesn't do them, I wouldn't be surprised if your friend not only doesn't get Outstanding again but actually gets an Inadequate.