PDA

View Full Version : It's all gone mad!

SimplyLucy
10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
After struggling for work from September though to Christmas I now have work coming out of my ears! I was really struggling to earn enough as my childminding income in the only money coming into the house (lone parent).

I gained 2 mindees (siblings) over christmas, just one day a week and one of those was just a before and after schooler (term time only contract). Better than nothing so I grabbed it!

I approached the other childminders in my town a few weeks ago and asked if they would be interested in joining together to make a joint flyer to hand out at school. They were all keen, so I printed off hundreds of flyers, charged all the childminders a little to cover my costs. The school handed them out and now it's all gone wild!

I've gained a before and after schooler, a toddler 2 days a week, a holiday child. Got one coming to see me about siblings one day a week (one school age, term time only again).

I've just had another phone call asking for 4 days before and after school for an 11 year old, they are coming back after school!

If you are stuggling for work then I suggest you run with the flyer idea, our school wouldn't let me do an individual one thats why I put all our names on it. I also put the website address for our local CIS. At the bottom I put "you may be able to claim up to 80% of your childcare cost though Tax Credits"

2 of my new mindees parents didn't know about the tax credits thing and have switched to me as it's going to be cheaper for them rather than using grandparents/teenage siblings!:clapping:

HomefromHome
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
well done you!

when i was struggling i just put ads in all the shops within a mile radius of me - there are a lot! - it has always paid off.
also i keep info up to date on the local cis page and on our county childminding association website.

doont forget you can a free line in yellow pages and tomson directories!!!!!:clapping:

LisaH
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
What a result!!! Your hard work has paid off, well done:clapping:

angeldelight
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Well done Lucy

Angel xx

peanuts
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
well done you

Mollymop
12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
That's great!!!

I am really happy for you Lucy!

beerheaven
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Really glad that your initiative has worked. Well done you!!