PDA

View Full Version : Costco Card

singlewiththree
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Has anyone managed to get a costco card for being a childminder?

danast
09-02-2009, 09:15 PM
i did aply for one but then i changed my mind as i would not use as much and you have to pay for it yearly.
But yes,because you are self employed.
Can not remember what you need though.

tulip0803
09-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Not Costco but I have had Makro.

The list of things that they wanted didn't apply to little ole me so I rang to ask what I needed to do. I had to take my registration certificate along to join.:) .

aly
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM
ill be getting one assoon as my reg comes through.

i did email them and ask if it was ok and they said yes.

ajs
09-02-2009, 09:49 PM
yes
no problem just take a copy of your reg certificate

same for makro

Heaven Scent
09-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I just have my costco card on my husbands account that way he gets the bill for renewal :laughing: :laughing: and when I went along to Makro with my reg cert and my ins and anything else the woman on the phone said to take along they wouldn't let me join - but that was on a Sunday maybe the Sunday Staff are a bit dim it was also about a year ago, DH is a member there too on a company card so I can't have a second one. I can use his when he is here but if he's working away no Makro for me I'm afraid.

rickysmiths
09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I've had a Trade Membership at Costco for years. Just take your reg cert and a utility bill with your address on. I think it is approx £20per year and you can have a second member free, they may limit this to your partener at the same address So long since I applied I can't remember!!!!

Dont forget to put your membership fee in your expenses for Tax.:clapping:

Zoemum2four
10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I have one just take in ur reg cert and untility bill, I also took in my business card, you will be given card for urself and partner....:clapping:

louised
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
I have one but don't use it very much, you don't need to be self-employed to get one anyone can get one, just have to pay the £20 a year which everyone pays anyway.

nannysue
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I had no problem, have a trade card because i am a business. I just produced my reg doc and a utility bill also had my NCMA card on me. Sometimes i go there and come out with nothing, another time i go for a specific item and come out with loads. Depends what offers they have :) I've been wondering about Macro, does anyone go there?

Bananabrain
10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
My hubby just got one through his work.25 quid a year.

Been desperate for one for ages.

went at weekend and 'cos I don't have that many children,i reckon asda is cheaper.

Thanks Ricky for reminding me I can put it on expenses.

don the duck
10-02-2009, 10:12 AM
i went to makro and was luck that they let me join was only a few weeks ago. as u have to have 2 invoices for over £50. and i didnt have 1. i took my reg and insurance, bills and because i was told yes over the telephone they let me.

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I have a macro card too xxx

manjay
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Don't have a Costco near us but I do use Makro a lot. Even replaced my old slow cooker this weekend from there. Half the price it was in Argos. Not everything works out cheaper but you if you go for the special offers you can save some money.