PDA

View Full Version : Sitters

singlewiththree
09-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I've just registered with sitters. I've advertised myself privately as a babysitter to get some more money but had none I could do.

Has anyone been a sitter babysitter? How did you find it?

mrs lilly
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Dont know but I use them when we go put and they are brill from that perspective so if they are good to the sitters I can highly recommend them :)

Heaven Scent
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything since - good luck with it -you live in a more populated area than me so would probably have more demand - I live in Semi-rural hicksville, Cheshire you live just outside the vacinity of Greater Manchester so should have more opportunities.

loocyloo
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
a friend is a nanny and registered with sitters.

they took her off their books because they said that in the last 12 months, she had been requested for over 300 jobs, but had only done 90 of them!

thats more than 1 a week, and she works a 55hr week. plus, has a social life too!

she made a fuss and they re-instated her! they said its up to her to accept jobs as and when she can do them!!!! ( but if thats the case, not sure why they took her off their books! )

we are in north hampshire, and she is a very experienced older nanny.

xxx

FizzysFriends
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I have registered with them nearly, I have had a text and letter to tell me what to get ready but they aren't in my area yet to check my documents.

RachelE
09-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I used to be a sitter with 'Sitters' and didnt get too much work really.

I used to live near the Trafford Centre and was also registered with 'Network 0 to 5' in Altrincham, now Sale. They have been established for about 15 years I think and I used to do loads of work through them.
The lady that runs it is really nice. Most of my jobs were in Altricham and Hale, but also work in manchester, Salford, Stockport and around. Might be worth giving them a call. 0161 928 0225.

I also found that you could get more money through 0to5, than Sitters. When I left last year I was charging £7 hour.

HTH,
Rachel x