PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommed a buggy

sarahstanbridge
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
that can carry a 3 stone (20kg) toddler that is not yet 3 years old. my mamas papas beat buggy just does not like taking the weight and i dont want to wreak it trying as it is still less than a year old. any suggestions please.

loocyloo
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
i care for a (17kg) 2 1/2 yr old and he has to walk ! he is too big for all my buggies! his head reaches the hood, and he kicks the rain covers anyway!

he is having to walk a mile or so, to and from school each afternoon, plus any other trips we do, where i don't take the car !!! he isn't keen on the idea, but getting used to it! i started off with him just walking 1/2 the school run, and once i knew he could do that easily, i added in the return trip too!

good luck!

someone told me that maclaren and jeep ( i think ) make buggies for older children.

xxx

mushpea
09-02-2009, 05:39 PM
i have this same problem,, i care for a 2yrold who is 18kg, he has just had to go on to the booster seat with adult belt aswell!!!
as for walking (which we do an awful lot of) he either walks or shares the buggy board with the 3yrold i have, they take it in turns to either walk or ride.
I also have trouble lifting him as i have a dodgy back so he is having to learn to climb in and out of the car etc too.
Sometimes I use my Graco buggy which is brilliant but i fear he is getting to heavy for this now so will have to start walking on the one day he comes and its just him.
I have been letting him walk further and further and he can now walk a fair distance, lots of moaning involved but we're getting there!:D

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
My 5 year old is 19kg and he fits in my Phil and Teds and it's a dream to push.

He has to go in if the weather is really cold or it's raining as he has an allergy to the cold and his skin blisters. If her wears his coats, gloves, balaclava he's ok but some mornings he's so stubborn it's just easier to stick him in the pushchair!

He also had a bad case phenomia last summer and isn't fully recovered yet. :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I think anything with inflatable typres would work.

When we were training the dog to walk next to the pushchair and inbetween 2 very close pushchairs without jumping up my DD (6) went in the pushchair and it was fine to push.