PDA

View Full Version : How many children?

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
How many children do you have on your books?

I have 12 at the moment, all doing various days and hours. It's getting very complicated. I've printed myself up a timetable of who is here, when and how long for!

I've got another mum coming tomorrow so that could be 2 more. I've also got another one thats asked for term time only. I could be up to 15 by the end of the week :eek: .

berkschick
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I have 9 but am loosing 2 next friday.

One is a before and after schooler on a 4 week rota, its a nightmare remembering when he is coming, what days are what each week!

marian
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I have 8 - all part timers!

I can tell which day of the week it is by the kids i have:laughing:

Marian x

helenlc
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I have 4:

1 is with me full time

3 are holidays only

marion123
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
2 part time
1 after school term time only
2 full time

rickysmiths
09-02-2009, 01:18 PM
4 before and after schoolers on different days (3 of which I have in the holidays)
2 full time
2x 2 days a week
1 x1 day a week

1full timer on maternity leave due to return later this year with sibbling

I have a Variatioon to allow me to have 4 under 5s 2 days a week.

miss mopple
09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I have 9, but am looking to hopefully whittle it down a bit soon

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Mine break down to this....

3 x before school and holidays full time
1 before and after schooler full time term time only
1 before and after part time term time only
1 after school part time and holidays
2 after school part time

2 part timers under 5's all year round
2 part timer under 5 term time only

Possibly going to add....

1 after school part time term time only
1 part time holidays only
1 part time under 5 term time only

It's a tough job fitting them all in but it works.

I have my mum as an assistant and I can have extras when she is there, at the moment I don't need her but might need her after school one day a week soon.

Oh and I have 4 children of my own!:eek:

murphy61
09-02-2009, 01:40 PM
i only have 3 at the moment

2 before and after schoold but is only 2-3 days a week
1 is just school holidays/closures

i really need some enquiries.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I am like you and have 15 on my books (2 holidays only) and I have a schedule on my wall too to know where I am.

Jules27
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I have 3 - 1x full time, 1 x before and after school 2 days a week and one for 2 mornings a week.

Had a few enquiries in last few days so fingers croseed will have some more soon!! Not sure i want 15 though!!!!:panic: :panic: :panic:

Saranotts
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM
15 and I use an excel colour coded (by age) spread sheet to show who I have when and my friend has now taught me how to use it to generate my bills as well (its very clever).

I usually have about 9 after school and if for any reason I have less than 5, I feel as though I am missing a limb!! Must say it's great that they always have at least one other person who wants to play with them.

Sara

beerheaven
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
At the moment I have 9 on my books - enough at the mo!
Have had 15 in the past!!!

tulip0803
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
1 part-timer:( .

Had an enquiry this morning for 2 so fingers crossed.

Bananabrain
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Lucy,I saw your pics of your children on trampoline in snow.they're lovely.

I want to know how you have all these children on your books,4 of your own and you are still outstanding? Do you have a wonder woman costume hidden under your stairs? and saw pic of dog,is that yours as well?

I know you have an assistant,but tell me how you do this?:laughing:

I have 5 on my books,poss 6 by end of week{I've only got a little house}one child of my own,and I'm pretty much shattered by the end of the week.

I think you are amazing.

nell57
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I have 5

3 on early years,
2 full time. 1 part time, 2 days a week.

2 over 5s
1 before & after school and 1 just after school. (and both in the hols)

Just had an enquiry for care for 2 children in holidays only, starting next week, as well.

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Lucy,I saw your pics of your children on trampoline in snow.they're lovely.

I want to know how you have all these children on your books,4 of your own and you are still outstanding? Do you have a wonder woman costume hidden under your stairs? and saw pic of dog,is that yours as well?

I know you have an assistant,but tell me how you do this?:laughing:

I have 5 on my books,poss 6 by end of week{I've only got a little house}one child of my own,and I'm pretty much shattered by the end of the week.

I think you are amazing.

:blush: I have a dog, cat, 2 tortoises, tropical fish, stick insects and 2 gerbils (on their way) as well!

I'm the worlds most unorganised person so I don't know how I manage it, I just go with the flow! I don't get stressed, I'm not house proud, I let the children decide what they'd like to do within reason, one minute we could be painting then the next we're baking, it's all go go go and I love it!

Oh and I've just put my house on the market too......need somewhere bigger, plus I'd quite like my partner to move in, doing all this as a single parent can make your head explode now and again!

singlewiththree
09-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I have 3 at the moment

1 one day a week
1 part time adhoc

and 2 lined up for Sept, 1 full time term time only baby and a before/after schoolie.

tammerisk
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
i got 3
1 part time term time only
2 part time hoildays only

i really need to have some more to pay the bills but it not happening
i have an afternoon vacancy term time and a full time vacency just wish i could fill them

Angela234
09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I HAVE 7

6 UNDER 5

1 OVER 5

Angela

mushpea
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
i have 4 children plus 2 of my own

1 after schooly term and now hols too
2 who are 2 days a week term time only but soon to be going 4 days and hols aswell
1 4 days a week all year round

and somehow i have managed to work it so i get fridays to myself:clapping:

Hebs
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
:clapping: i have 2 (well 4 including my own )

watgem
09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I have 10 part timers- 3 are over 8, 5 eyfs age and I have quite a few vacancies that I can't fill so Have applied for a part time job in the preschool because I will still be able to mind in the hols etc, I have 8 children of my own, all growing up now, the youngest is 8 ,and 2 dogs, one of them likes to sneak into the living room when I'm out and eat the toys if they're not packed away. I need a bigger house , good looking chef and chauffeur and a cleaner and a secretary and an accountant-think I need to win the lottery !:)

peanuts
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
i have 7 all bits and bobs

2 after schoolers
1 holiday cover
1 emergancy cover
3 part time

all bits and bobs as i said and not all here at the same time

ruby
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
at the moment we have 17 but there are 2 of us

we have 9 before and after school various days

we have 8 under 5 only 2 are full timer the rest are part-time

this evening we had 11 but most are gone by 5.00pm

cathy

Bananabrain
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
All those aminals and a single parent too.

See I knew you were wonder woman in disguise.

Have you got a part time evening job as well

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
All those aminals and a single parent too.

See I knew you were wonder woman in disguise.

Have you got a part time evening job as well

Oh my goodness no!

I don't have time for an evening job with my OU course and starting minding at 6.30am during the week!

Tily Bud
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I have 9 x

1 under 5 full time
5 under 5 part time

2 before and after school year round
1 school age holidays only

Oh and 1 mum has told me she's expecting will want baby to come full time and another is trying for a baby :eek:

Shar
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I have 6.
2 under 5
6yr old
8 yr old
10 yr old
11 yr old
& my two kids are 13 & 18
1 dog, 2 cats, 2 Horsefields tortoises, tropical fish, gold fish & corn snake.
Biggest problem of all is the DH!! :thumbsup:

claire bear 72
09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I have 12........................soon to be 14......................I :) love it all part time and never the same!!!!

Mollymop
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I have 4 and 1 starting soon.
So 5 almost.
I usually have 6.
But that's enough for little ol' me. I find it a nightmare having too many!

Mollymop
09-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh forgot my niece and nephew! I now have 7 in my books! ha

sarah707
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I have 7 at the moment and I'm taking on 2 more in the summer.

All mine are part timers :D

Daftbat
09-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I have 18 and use an excel spreadsheet to organise my life - colour coded for diff ages and split into before school, after school and am & pm in between.

Couldn't cope without it!

Some of my kids are holiday only and some term time only. Got 3 babies arriving March 2010! :eek: Hoping some of the older ones - who are actually at high school may move on to other things:eek:

Have started to sub contract baby sitting out to my eldest daughter too:laughing:

RedDragon
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I have 11 and possibly 2 on the way - all part time.

Have only ever forgotten to pick a child up on 2 occasions :blush: not bad in 7 years.

I've never gone over my numbers (because I am such a worrier) but am going to have to tell 1 parent that instead of their child coming to me whenever they want it's down to a choice of 3 days and I will have to tell another that I can't do Wednesdays on Thursdays (child only comes school holidays and I have to push him out a bit to fit in a new regular).

madasahatter
09-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I have 8 on my books currently.
4 in the 0 to 5 age bracket (2 are term time only)
2 in the 5 to 8 age bracket (both are term time only
2 over 8's (both term time and holidays)

LisaH
09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I have 6 on my books at the moment.

3 are full-time under 5's
3 are after schoolies.

I also have 3 of my own!!:)

Have a new under 5 starting in September

Chimps Childminding
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow I don't know how some of you do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only got 3 under 5's at mo and loving it - only thing is because they are only part time it doesn't pay very well!!!!!!!!! hoping to get some more enquiries as one of those goes to school in Sept so things will be really tight then!!!!!!!!!! but couldn't cope with 12 or more!!!!!!!!!! you must be either mad or brilliant not sure which!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

kingdom
10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I have 2 full timers term time only, 3 holiday children two days a week, 4 after school children and 1 breakfast club child.

chels55
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I have 7
2 full time
1 before school
2 after school
2 holidays only
i does get complicated sometimes

huggableshelly
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I have 11 plus my own two.

I've worked out a system that seems to work for me !!!

I stand in the playground wait for all of the other parents to go then any left over children are mine to take home! Its fool proof and I've not forgotten a child yet!

But really I have a timetable on who comes when as it is complicated trying to remember when they all do different hours and days.

My parents think I'm mad as I often call the children the wrong names, the children think its really funny and even swap names with eachother jsut to add even more confusion.

samd35
10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I have 7 , 4 under 5's and 3 older ones.

Under 5's are part time and the 3 older ones I have in school holidays.

x

louloudi
10-02-2009, 02:27 PM
5 on books, all term time
1 aged 2, part time
1 after school 4x week
2 after school 1x week
1 after school as and when
(plus 1 of my own)

It's a bit mad when I have them all at once, it's usually just one particular child that karate chops all the others then I end up refereeing!!
I work at school during the mornings on placement as well as doing OU and I struggle!!! OU course finishes in May:clapping:

So in the summer I'll have to go full time in order to live financially! Problem is lack of demand, no one works where I live so no demand for childcare. All my mindees are from different towns and villages.

SimplyLucy
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM

I stand in the playground wait for all of the other parents to go then any left over children are mine to take home! Its fool proof and I've not forgotten a child yet!

But really I have a timetable on who comes when as it is complicated trying to remember when they all do different hours and days.

My parents think I'm mad as I often call the children the wrong names, the children think its really funny and even swap names with eachother jsut to add even more confusion.

5 childminders stand together in our playground using this method! We're always the last to leave.

Some days there can be 30 or 40 children charging towards us, we all have high vis jackets (mine are the only orange ones!)..........makes life a little easier as I know I have to take all the tango'ed children home! :laughing:

mabel
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I have 11 part timers and I keep a colour code spreadsheet attendance record for signing them in and out, I could not work with the same children
each day now as I have been used to the variety of children.

HomefromHome
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Mine break down to this....

3 x before school and holidays full time
1 before and after schooler full time term time only
1 before and after part time term time only
1 after school part time and holidays
2 after school part time

2 part timers under 5's all year round
2 part timer under 5 term time only

Possibly going to add....

1 after school part time term time only
1 part time under 5 term time only

It's a tough job fitting them all in but it works.

I have my mum as an assistant and I can have extras when she is there, at the moment I don't need her but might need her after school one day a week soon.

Oh and I have 4 children of my own!:eek:

omg are you mad??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yes course you are you're a childminder!!!!!!! lol
dont know how you do it!!!
i only got 1 x almost full time
1 x 22.5hrs/week
1 x after schooler 2 days a week

just becoming a network childminder now i've done the quality first! so hopefully might get a bit of work from that. :)

estrelas
10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
15 kids>?????? jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, i'm just registering now, and the thought of fifteen makes me a bit :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

Bet in a few months i think otherwise tho, just can't wait to get started :)

RedDragon
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
5 childminders stand together in our playground using this method! We're always the last to leave.

Some days there can be 30 or 40 children charging towards us, we all have high vis jackets (mine are the only orange ones!)..........makes life a little easier as I know I have to take all the tango'ed children home! :laughing:

I don't need a jacket, I have high visability hair.:blush:

Saranotts
12-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Lol...... I thought I was the only one who did this!

Sara

huggableshelly
12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I've considered buying the high visability jackets and will have to definatly do something next september, I'm taking on a sibbling but not losing any which will make me 8 after schoolers .....

Cant afford a mini bus so will have to walk daily in all weather ..... I like the idea of the jackets I wonder how many will get lost on the first few days lol unless I hold onto them and just wave them around waiting ofr the children to claim them.

Head count today I had 8 of the 6 children I was expecting to collect! how did that happen? a parent hadnt made it to school to pick up and her kiddies came to me instead of going back into school... atleast I didnt attempt to leave with them all LOL.

next task to buy the jackets and sew on numbers let the older ones walk infront younger ones in the middle youngest holding my hand ... keep notes on the numbers head counts will be auto chant a song all the way home LOL infact I tell you what I really want ...

you know on the seafront you get the little trains that do a circuit of the main road... well I want one of those, that would be awsome, my own personal choo choo train exclusivly for childminders with a cost of 20p a ride to other children to help keep the cost ... think I'll get that through my books and avoid tax ?