PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Charges

mumtodaniel
30-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Just wondered how this work, I am planning on charging full fees for bank holidays.

If you have a child after school, and also holidays, when it comes to bank holidays, which would never be a school day, would you be able to charge that child all day, or just for the hours you have him after school. Mind sound a silly question, but wonder if parents would then object to paying for a full day when the majority of time you are only looking after them after school, and full time only in holidays.

What do others do?

Thanks

Maureen

Lou
30-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I dont charge anything for school age children if i am not having them.

I dont think you would be able to charge all day thoug, i dont know who would be willing to pay that. x

gailee
30-01-2008, 07:39 PM
i charge full day if they usually come during school hols but don't i work them

fionamal
30-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I dont work bank hols so cant help you on this one. Sorry!

hello kitty
31-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi, I would just charge for the school hours if the bh falls within a normal school week and not say, Easter which is in the holidays. Hope that helps. Sarah :)

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 07:22 AM
if its a day I normally have the child i charge full fee but do not work it, if they need me to work it i charge double fees as most people get doubletime bank holidays x

Twinkles
31-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I only charge what I would have earned after school. Have just changed my policy to say if I am needed to work I will charge £10 per hour!! This is because I have a fairly new child and when the parents realised that they would have to pay they sent her to me on new years eve even though they were just sitting at home. Now I realise that new years eve is not a bank holiday but when they came to pick her up they said 'We'll keep her home with us all day tomorrow ' as though they had considered sending her and had decided to do me a favour!!
So what I'm saying is whatever you decide to do make sure that you have very clear policies and make sure that the parents read them , I'm sure they don't read half of them.

Raggydolls
31-01-2008, 05:24 PM
this is what my thread another bank holiday question was about, ive decided to charge my fees as follows - if the bank holiday falls on a school day i will charge the normal hours i have the child for on that day, but if it falls on a school holiday and i would normally have them all day then i will charge those all day fees - i will not work it unless asked and i will charge double, hope u get me :-)

ohh forgot to say i wont be charging for xmas/boxing/new years day

leanne
xx

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't work them and don't charge!

deeb66
04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi

If the bank holiday falls in the school holiday then I would charge full fee.

If it falls in term time then I only charge the after school rates